93 Oil Leak

I have an oil leak on my 93 es that was dripping on the y pipe and smoking, so i went underneath my car andfound that the leak is coming out of the gasket in the housing for the oil filter, i called my local lexus dealer and the guy told me that the gasket is an O-ring, but on my car it doesnt look like an O-ring because the gasket is shaped to go around 3 bolts. Is that really the right gasket or where can i find one? So here is a picture of the gasket on my car, and a picture of the part that lexus faxed to me.

post-30099-1207177976_thumb.jpg

post-30099-1207177997_thumb.jpg

So you have a leak in the oil filter gasket? I wonder if the guy who changed the filter and oil forget to lubricate the rubber gasket/seal. you must put a finger full of oil onto the gasket so it doesnt tear or leak when it is put back on. The gasket in the picture is most like a gasket that is fit inside a grove. The three bolt pattern most likely fits outside of the gasket. By the way we received a RX350 from McGrath lexus lol. Are you with the dealer or a customer?

According to your picture (which is a smart posting), you do not have a leaking filter. What's leaking is the oil pump. The diagram the dealer sent to you is referring to the oil pump gasket. It's very easy to replace by removing the three bolts. You may need a little glue for the new gasket, but not certain.

sweeet Safro.com, mcgrath rocks, and im a customer.. but ya, thanks i was able to take off that oil pump, after removing the y-pipe that was in the way, and the flat rubber o-ring looked fine "as shown below", but i ordered a new one for like 4 bucks and will be putting it in tomorrow. I hope it fixes the leak, otherwise i dont know what to do. Do i need to oil the O-ring before i put the oil pump back on the engine block?

if the oil leak stops, im gonna seafoam through the brake booster vacuum tube for the first time!

post-30099-1207286591_thumb.jpg

sweeet Safro.com, mcgrath rocks, and im a customer.. but ya, thanks i was able to take off that oil pump, after removing the y-pipe that was in the way, and the flat rubber o-ring looked fine "as shown below", but i ordered a new one for like 4 bucks and will be putting it in tomorrow. I hope it fixes the leak, otherwise i dont know what to do. Do i need to oil the O-ring before i put the oil pump back on the engine block?

if the oil leak stops, im gonna seafoam through the brake booster vacuum tube for the first time!

post-30099-1207286591_thumb.jpg

Since you have the oil pump out, I would just replace both.

ya that wasnt the oil pump, its the oil filter housing, and i replaced the o-ring and it solved the problem, now absolutly no oil leakage. Aslo did the seafoam afterwards in the intake through booster line and the car runs perfectly smoooooth!

ya that wasnt the oil pump, its the oil filter housing, and i replaced the o-ring and it solved the problem, now absolutly no oil leakage. Aslo did the seafoam afterwards in the intake through booster line and the car runs perfectly smoooooth!

I was gonna say, I've removed the oil pump off a 1mz and it is a serious job. It involves tearing down past the timing stuff, removing the crank timing gear, and also dropping the upper and lower oil pan.