Stupid Question Of The Day, Which Octane Is Recommended For My 94 Es30

Hi guys and ladies,

I always put 91 octane unleaded fuel in my 94 es, but I just wonder if it is ok to put 88. What does the owners manual say because I lost mine. Sorry.

I am no oil man, even though I drive by the rigs daily, but my oil testing houses says use the cheapest you can find. right, wrong etc? No clue but for years they have never steard me wrong.

Hi guys and ladies,

I always put 91 octane unleaded fuel in my 94 es, but I just wonder if it is ok to put 88.

Yes, I run 87.
What does the owners manual say because I lost mine. Sorry.

I'll check mine next time im in the car, not totally sure. regular unleaded won't hurt it, though, its not a super high compression engine and doesn't have forced induction. If the octane of the fuel is lacking, the most it will do is !Removed! the timing some to compensate for pre-ignition. In doing that, you may experience a slight decrease in performance, but probably not a noticeable amount.

Hi guys and ladies,

I always put 91 octane unleaded fuel in my 94 es, but I just wonder if it is ok to put 88. What does the owners manual say because I lost mine. Sorry.

I am no oil man, even thought I drive by the rigs daily, but my oil testing houses says use the cheapest you can find. right, wrong etc? No clue but for years they have never steard me wrong.

huh? LOL. Funny Avatar though.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys and ladies,

I am no oil man, even thought I drive by the rigs daily, but my oil testing houses says use the cheapest you can find. right, wrong etc? No clue but for years they have never steard me wrong.

huh? LOL. Funny Avatar though.

Runs fine on regular, in fact there is no noticable difference. I believe the reference books states regular.

Hi guys and ladies,

The book says unleaded plus,87 octane or higher is ok. I have a 94 es300 that i bought new in 94 , it now has 197,000 miles and have always used unleaded plus . No problems with the fuel.