Rattleing Noise

I have a 2006 GS 430. I've noticed a noise that appears to be coming from the front left speaker area. Just recently I took the car into the dealer to have it checked out, the dealer told me that they added additional foam sound proofing and tightened up my drivers side door panel. The noise is still there. I don't expect the LS ride on my GS but don't think we should have to live with a rattle noise. Has anyone else experienced this? I want additional info before I go back to the dealer and raise hell. Any help is appreciated.

-George

We have the same car and had same problem. Brought the car back to dealer at least 5 times. They put rubber piping betwwen winshield and dashboard, removed side door panel and reinstalled for gap between door and dashboard, finally took the whole dash board out adjusted speaker cover, reinstalled the dashboard. Seems working now. it's more noisy when weather is cold. It's common problem and Lexus know about this. They are trying to improve since it's the first year of this body style..

I have a 2006 GS 430. I've noticed a noise that appears to be coming from the front left speaker area. Just recently I took the car into the dealer to have it checked out, the dealer told me that they added additional foam sound proofing and tightened up my drivers side door panel. The noise is still there. I don't expect the LS ride on my GS but don't think we should have to live with a rattle noise. Has anyone else experienced this? I want additional info before I go back to the dealer and raise hell. Any help is appreciated.

-George

We have the same car and had same problem. Brought the car back to dealer at least 5 times. They put rubber piping betwwen winshield and dashboard, removed side door panel and reinstalled for gap between door and dashboard, finally took the whole dash board out adjusted speaker cover, reinstalled the dashboard. Seems working now. it's more noisy when weather is cold. It's common problem and Lexus know about this. They are trying to improve since it's the first year of this body style..

i just took my 06 gs300 in for the 'dash treatment' a 2nd time. they had it a week, did Everything. (plus 3 recalls) and it is exactly a creaky as before.

it's not a rattle, it's an insanely persistent creak on the left side. There is nothing they can do. If you've the creaky GS, you've the creaky gs and that is that. :angry:

It's common problem and Lexus know about this. They are trying to improve since it's the first year of this body style..

The 2008 GS have the same problems, Lexus havent improve a thing about the rattles.

Its gone because the weather got warmer, the true test is next winter when it gets cold again.

I just had mine done 2 weeks ago. They showed me the new dash clips that are now wrapped in felt so there is no

plastic-on-plastic contact. The car is now silent, just like Lexus is supposed to be. I asked them to run the power cord for

my radar detector while they had the dash out and they did it free of charge.

Also did the two recalls (brake caliper and power steering) and they gave me brand-new rear brake pads as part of

the rear brakes TSB. Glad I didn't do rear break job last month, saved me $600. :) That was in Arlington Lexus in Palatine, IL.

Michael

'06 GS430

They use to take out dash clips and warp it in felt manually with a felt kit, now the pre wrap clips come with the new kit. Same idea though. Some people has succes with tsb and some didnt, I hope your dash rattle is gone for good.

Its gone because the weather got warmer, the true test is next winter when it gets cold again.

I just had mine done 2 weeks ago. They showed me the new dash clips that are now wrapped in felt so there is no

plastic-on-plastic contact. The car is now silent, just like Lexus is supposed to be. I asked them to run the power cord for

Also did the two recalls (brake caliper and power steering) and they gave me brand-new rear brake pads as part of

the rear brakes TSB. Glad I didn't do rear break job last month, saved me $600. :) That was in Arlington Lexus in Palatine, IL.

Michael

'06 GS430

Thanks for the info, Michael. I'll definitely try out Arlington Lexus. I live pretty close to Woodfield Lexus, but their service is complete s$%t! I don't think I've experienced such bad service at any other Lexus dealership (except maybe one in Greenwich, CT - when I made the point that $80 for an oil change seems a bit excessive).

I had Woodfield Lexus take a look at the creaking - they seem to have fixed the one coming from the left corner of the dash (near the windshield), but there's still a rattle coming from the nav unit area. I also just passed 40K miles (well, I'm at about 42K now), so the bumper-to-bumper is over. I do have Lexus's Platinum plan - will that cover the creaks/rattles? Also, can anyone provide the TSB number(s) for the dash rattle? I tried searching the forum, but am not allowed to search for terms under 4 characters. It would be nice to have a tsb thread made as a sticky to gather the info in one place.

Thanks!

I think the warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles NOT 40,000

Hm... Could have sworn I read another thread on this forum about something else where a poster mentioned 40K warranty. Regardless, thanks for the clarification - I checked Lexus's site, and as you pointed out, the warranty is 48 months or 50K miles. Glad that I have another 8K miles of original warranty (assuming I don't hit 48 months first - I'll have to check the in-service date).

Once I get the TSBs, I'll certainly swing by a different dealer...

Michael

'06 GS430

Thanks for the info, Michael. I'll definitely try out Arlington Lexus. I live pretty close to Woodfield Lexus, but their service is complete s$%t! I don't think I've experienced such bad service at any other Lexus dealership (except maybe one in Greenwich, CT - when I made the point that $80 for an oil change seems a bit excessive).

I had Woodfield Lexus take a look at the creaking - they seem to have fixed the one coming from the left corner of the dash (near the windshield), but there's still a rattle coming from the nav unit area. I also just passed 40K miles (well, I'm at about 42K now), so the bumper-to-bumper is over. I do have Lexus's Platinum plan - will that cover the creaks/rattles? Also, can anyone provide the TSB number(s) for the dash rattle? I tried searching the forum, but am not allowed to search for terms under 4 characters. It would be nice to have a tsb thread made as a sticky to gather the info in one place.

Thanks!

Your warranty is 4yr/50K miles, so you're good. As far as TSB, I think it is "SB0040-08 JUL 08 Interior - Instrument Panel Rattle". I got this from alldata.com site, http://www.alldata.com/TSB/31/06310920.html.

Just call Arlington Lexus and schedule an appt for noise kit TSB. I've been to Woodfield once, I would never go back, overpriced service and stuck-up attitude.

• 6 months later...

Your warranty is 4yr/50K miles, so you're good. As far as TSB, I think it is "SB0040-08 JUL 08 Interior - Instrument Panel Rattle". I got this from alldata.com site, http://www.alldata.com/TSB/31/06310920.html.

Hi, does anyone have this TSB for the dash rattle (07 gs350)?

Any others that cover this problem? (I have the one for the windshield)

Mine is past warranty, so I am trying to do it myself. I already have it mostly apart trying to find the source!

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Just for the record, I have a 2009 GS 350 AWD with the rattle from the left front speaker area. So Lexus has not solved the design issue. The "remediation" with clips and foam did not solve the problem. It's still been rattling all winter, and even when it warmed up to over 50 degrees the bumpy roads cause the rattle. Irritating!