Oldsmobile Is Back!

Lexusfreak

Another great story...

Was the car similar to this? This is a 72' Plymouth Gran Fury Sport Suburban wagon (this was the "top of the line" Plymouth wagon in 1972).

72furywagon.jpg

We had a Plymouth Grand Fury III, that olive puke green, and the vinyl interior to match. That thing was huge! I used to just stick my hand out the window and act like it was a wing flap on a fighter jet. I remember being like 6 years old and not being able to keep my arm down when I tilted my hand up. And would perform assault maneuvers. LOL!! I used to also play this game where I would pretend I was on a motorcycle and I was riding on the side of the highway we were on, and whatever the terrain would dictate, is what I would imagine my motorcycle would do, like if there was a ditch and then a driveway, well that was a huge jump, or if there was alot of water, then I would go hydroplaning across it. I died smacking directly into walls and fences often. LOL!!!! :lol:

Yeah man!!, that's pretty close to the image I carry around of my childhood truckster. :) I don't remember the wood panels, I think ours was all that green color.

That blue Vista Cruiser in the picture above is several shades darker than ours was, and ours also had a much-used luggage rack on top. Other than that, the picture looks pretty much identical to ours, especially the grill, headlights, and that ultra-cool glass in the roof. But that's not me in the back seat - I always set it up to face backwards so I could terrorize whoever was behind us. Good thing I was too young back then to know what mooning was or I wouldn't have been able to sit down for months....