Ls 400 High Miles?

Dezzy

I have no doubt the LS can go forever. It broke my heart but I recently sold my 1990 LS400 since I seem to have accumulated too many vehicles and I just didn't ever drive the car and a friend needed a car. Selling this was something i know I will regret. Mine had just under 200K miles when sold.

It broke my heart but I recently sold my 1990 LS400 since I seem to have accumulated too many vehicles and I just didn't ever drive the car and a friend needed a car. Selling this was something i know I will regret. Mine had just under 200K miles when sold.

Oh no, Denny! You did WHAT? Like selling your own child. lol

Maybe you can pick up a newer LS later on. Happy retirement (I "ain't" that far behind you). ^_^

Yes, for me cars are like my children. I will still get to see my old LS as a friend now owns it. I told him he has to come by once a month to wash and check up things. Bottom line, my wife said you can not have 6 cars of your own so now I struggle by with 5. As soon as I sell my Miata I am going to buy a corvette. For now my road car will be my ES330 which only has 80'000 miles. I just had the timing belt, water pump, belts, fluids brakes and all that done so it is okay for awhile. Let me be clear, and ES is only half the car an LS is but still better than most.

Hi Denny,

I read you loud and clear. Since 2005, I've owned three ES's including my current one, and a 2013 RX350. I have fallen in love with each of them and as others have said, if I was forced to part with one, would seriously consider jumping off the Lexus sign at my local dealers!!

However, all this time, I have secretly "coveted" those of you with LS's. The smooth, "like riding on a cloud" suspension. The luxurious cabin filled with amenities and supple leather. The ML sound system and the V8 power. At the same time I also coveted the money you folks had/have to afford the current $85,000 it cost to have the pleasure of parking an LS in your driveway.

If you are ever coming this way send me a note so I can watch you drive by and I can wave and do some more "coveting" !!!! LOL

Paul

My ES I've had for about 8 years. I have my Winterforce snow tires and will run that puppy up to Mt. Washington next weekend. I hear more snow is coming, so it will get a workout. If in the future I run across a nice LS460 I certainly would think about buying one. Like you, I kind of like my money so spending huge bucks to buy a car is something I won't due.

You dont have to spend BIG bucks to drive a LS, but you have to shop around for them... I have been retired since June of 96, and lived with social security and what I saved... I have had 5 different 99LS's... but feel good with the 2 I have now.. they both are quiet and have the soft feeling my 79 year old body desires... SO, you dont need 85k to drive one, or I would be driving a Camry..

well that is my 2014 declaration, Have a Good New Year !!