Warm Engine Start-up Issue

Hello,

I bought a 99 es300 couple months ago with 80K miles and it's been running just fine. This past weekend, I took it for a 1500-mile road trip. I pull into a gas station for restroom break, etc, and when I turned the engine on it just wouldn't remain running. It just shut itself off immediately. It went on like that for several times til I had to hold down the gas pedal. Luckily after holding down the gas pedal for a minute or so, the engine remained running once the gas was released and I was unable to drive straight home for the next 5 hrs. I dared not to turn the engine off during that 5-hr span.

Seeking advice from all auto guru. Thanks.

Hello,

I bought a 99 es300 couple months ago with 80K miles and it's been running just fine. This past weekend, I took it for a 1500-mile road trip. I pull into a gas station for restroom break, etc, and when I turned the engine on it just wouldn't remain running. It just shut itself off immediately. It went on like that for several times til I had to hold down the gas pedal. Luckily after holding down the gas pedal for a minute or so, the engine remained running once the gas was released and I was unable to drive straight home for the next 5 hrs. I dared not to turn the engine off during that 5-hr span.

Could be bad gas....because you still drove straight home for the next 5 hours without any problems.

Hello,

Is the check engine light on? It could be a number of things. Throttle position sensor comes to mind. You should have gotten a check engine light on if one of the sensors was acting up.

Hello,

Is the check engine light on? It could be a number of things. Throttle position sensor comes to mind. You should have gotten a check engine light on if one of the sensors was acting up.

No engine lights went on or any indication of trouble. I've been using super unleaded since I bought. The last gas station I pulled in was Shell, and I think I used 93 octane, or the highest of the three grades.

Hello,

No engine lights went on or any indication of trouble. I've been using super unleaded since I bought. The last gas station I pulled in was Shell, and I think I used 93 octane, or the highest of the three grades.

I just noticed, you are from pensacola also :)