New Sc400 Owner

I recently purchased a 1992 Lexus SC400 with 133,000 miles on her. Had all the books and records since new, even have the window sticker... Enough of that... I have had a couple of problems, one being a slight grinding noise in the brakes. I have replaced the rotors and pads, and flushed the entire brake system, starting at the accumulator, and so on. Still there. I have noticed though that when I replaced the pads on the left front, that the bottom slide pin, is missing the rubber type o-ring. Could this be my problem? Second problem... I had a noise in the rear end itself in the beginning. I bought a used hub to hub rear end from the local junk yard. Cured the original noise that I heard, but after 3 months or so now, I have noticed a clunk around 40 mph. If you are going 40 MPH or so and let off of the gas, and get back on, it makes a clunking noise. Its worse in cold mornings, and tends to get better as the car warms up. Is this play in the driveshaft, or rear end? If so, is there a cure for this problem? I even thought of transmission mounts, a possibility. I also hear a noise from the right side of the car in the rear, if you have the rear end jacked and the car in drive. It gets louder as you go faster. You dont hear this noise, till around 75mph while driving or so. I am leaning toward a wheel bearing. Any thoughts? For the rest of the car, its great. It needs shocks/struts, climate control... blacked out... normal for this car. The 12 cd changer just quit a month ago. I recently did the timing belt, water pump, gasket, idler pulley, all bearings and seals, tensioner, plugs, wires, caps, rotor button, and flushed radiator. What a job, but it saved me money. Thanks for the input from the forums. Keep up the good work fella's...

I also have a 1992 Lexus SC400 but got mine this year with around 90-100,000 miles on it. ive heard the noise on the breaks as well, especially when im at very slow speeds and then gradually breaking (like in parking lots). i honestly dont know alot about all the technical aspects of my car, but i have noticed this same grinding on my dads brand new infiniti. so i havent worried about it too much.

getting to be almost a handfull of us who bought '92 SC400's very recently. I have heard the break noise, but i was putting that off to repolishing the discs, since mine had sat for awhile in a police impound before i bought it.

getting to be almost a handfull of us who bought '92 SC400's very recently. I have heard the break noise, but i was putting that off to repolishing the discs, since mine had sat for awhile in a police impound before i bought it.

Hey guys, yet another 92 SC4 owner, just bought a few months ago it had 133, 345 miles, not a single problem yet, runs like a dream. I just wanted to say that it has not made any grinding noise when i brake, lots of squeaking from the high performance ceramic pads i put on, but not a grinding noise.