Is300 Reliability

Flipaldo

I am in the process of going from an Audi to a Lexus and have narrowed down my decision to the 2001-2005 Lexus IS300. Before I make a purchase I was wondering if these are reliable cars or if I'm going to spend more time at the dealership than on the road. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

I sold a 1998 A4 quattro for a 2003 IS 300.

The IS 300 is sooooo much a better car. All wheel drive is great. But that was the only advantage I could see the Audi had. The interior in the Lexus is like 25x's better, and the steering response and "feel" is better. I was allways chasing issues on the Audi, And I have never had a problem with the IS 300. The aftermarket support for this model is huge, and parts are readily available as this car uses a similar platform that has been around for a long time, which is the Supra platfrom that has been around since around 1992.

• 1 month later...
I am in the process of going from an Audi to a Lexus and have narrowed down my decision to the 2001-2005 Lexus IS300. Before I make a purchase I was wondering if these are reliable cars or if I'm going to spend more time at the dealership than on the road. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks

I've had my 2003 IS-300 since it was new (5+ years and about 40,000 miles) and it has not had a single repair. Nothing has gone wrong with the car since the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. All I've done is normal maintenance.

I've had my 2003 IS-300 since it was new (5+ years and about 40,000 miles) and it has not had a single repair. Nothing has gone wrong with the car since the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. All I've done is normal maintenance.

I had similar good experience with my 02 which I bought when it was a year old and then drove for 2 more years before I traded it. Zero problems.