Turbo Is

Xer0817

Im looking to buy a new IS300 by the end of the year and i want to turbo it for between 400-500 hp. I know it will take a lot of work and money and I want to make sure i know what I want to get before I buy the car. Now i know the stock transmission will have problems holding that much power so i will need a better one, can anyone give me any suggestions.

Im looking to buy a new IS300 by the end of the year and i want to turbo it for between 400-500 hp. I know it will take a lot of work and money and I want to make sure i know what I want to get before I buy the car. Now i know the stock transmission will have problems holding that much power so i will need a better one, can anyone give me any suggestions.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=37347

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=37347

Well I am looking at a manual transmission and I have looked at the v160. Will that hold up well with that power?

The V160 isn't a bolt up fit. You'll have to change the drive shaft out, and weld in the support arm for the tranny. As for will it hold the power, yes, it will hold around 1000 hp. The cheapest I could find one for was $3600.00. And you'll need to upgrade the clutch and assembly also. So for around 5 grand and labor you should be fine. If your only going to 4-500 hp, then I would just go with the W154 then. It will hold around 5-600 hp and you will still need to upgrade the clutch, but overall will cut your cost in half, if not a little more.

• 3 weeks later...