An Acura Tl Owned Me

Tip#1....DONT STREET RACE!!!!

Tip#2....Especially don't even think of racing a car that is obviously much faster than your car!

Tip#3....DONT STREET RACE!!!!

Take your car to a track if you really want to drive fast. At least there you'll only hurt yourself. In case you didn't know...the IS250 is probably the slowest car in its class. As has been said a billion time on these threads..."should have gotten the 350 if you wanted a fast car".

Finally...DONT STREET RACE!!!!

:angry:

so i got owned by an acura TL....sorte.

we were goin and it was ahead but i didnt let it cut in front of me...so thats good.

i drive the is250...it was in etc pwr mode

any tips on driving faster? gear changes etc?

With a little effort you could have clipped his rear quarter and spun him around. Would that make you feel better?

Stop driving like an idiot. :chairshot:

Oh, come on guys... stop acting all sanctimonious. I'm not sure of his age, but who has never done such a thing? Personally, I think street racing is terrible, but that doesn't mean I haven't done it in the past and even in the recent past. Is it dangerous? Yes, but so is talking on a cell phone while driving and that is an epidemic. I'm not advocating for street racing (he should find a track), but I'm also not going to pretend I haven't been guilty of the same stuff.

As for the context of the post.

First mistake is racing a car which is WAY out of your league. Why would I (in a 350) want to race something I know will destroy me? It's not like the two are even close. Stick to cars in your class and find them at the track.

As for tips... there is not much to do with an automatic car. Step on the gas and HOPE you have more juice than the other guy. Driving an automatic car really takes the fun out of racing.

Oh, come on guys... stop acting all sanctimonious. I'm not sure of his age, but who has never done such a thing? Personally, I think street racing is terrible, but that doesn't mean I haven't done it in the past and even in the recent past. Is it dangerous? Yes, but so is talking on a cell phone while driving and that is an epidemic. I'm not advocating for street racing (he should find a track), but I'm also not going to pretend I haven't been guilty of the same stuff.

First mistake is racing a car which is WAY out of your league. Why would I (in a 350) want to race something I know will destroy me? It's not like the two are even close. Stick to cars in your class and find them at the track.

As for tips... there is not much to do with an automatic car. Step on the gas and HOPE you have more juice than the other guy. Driving an automatic car really takes the fun out of racing.

Keeping a car from changing lanes in front of you is even more fun eh?

Is this a typo or are you saying the IS350 (not 250) will be destroyed by a TL??? I thought the IS350 is faster than the TL?

Yes I agree - Aggressive or Unaware driving is a bad idea but I have been guilt of both from time to time.

Certainly the TL is out of the league for a stock or even slightly modified IS250 based on what is generally available. Major mods might make for a good race however.

While, we want to encourage people to post and participate on these forums, IMO we also don’t want to encourage dangerous behavior. Of course we can’t police the action of others.

I tend to favor a more friendly reminder that aggressive driving isn’t a good idea instead of the flames but each to their own.

Regards,

Yes I agree - Aggressive or Unaware driving is a bad idea but I have been guilt of both from time to time.

Certainly the TL is out of the league for a stock or even slightly modified IS250 based on what is generally available. Major mods might make for a good race however.

While, we want to encourage people to post and participate on these forums, IMO we also don’t want to encourage dangerous behavior. Of course we can’t police the action of others.

I tend to favor a more friendly reminder that aggressive driving isn’t a good idea instead of the flames but each to their own.

Regards,

Acting stupid and then posting about it deserves flames.

Case closed.