Best Ma Dealer

Just had a 2 hr "battle" with a Lexus dealer. They would not sell me the car and we were only 1k off. Looking for new 07-08 IS 250 AWD-NAV.

Any experience in MA??

Thanks

Yes, Lexus of Northborough. Sent an email the internet sales manger (call and ask for their e-mail address), with specifically what you want and ask for their best price. Do that with... IRA in Danvers as well. Couldn't get a good price from Chambers in Sharon, MA. Once you get their price - play one against the other. I know the manager at Northboro is rkostigen@lexusofnorthborough.com . I paid about 4K off sticker on 250AWD. They also have a responsive service department.

Thanks....FYI is was Lexus of Northboro that let me walk, used 07 IS250. Used car mgr blew the sale because he tried to confuse me with numbers. When I called him on it, he got flustered and left. Came back, extended his hand for handshake and said they could not do the deal. Not exactly the way to negotiate on a car. We were only $1k apart!!! Guess they did not want to sell the car. Other dealers had similar cars for $1-2k less with less milage, but they would not budge........ I have my eye on one at chambers.....wish me luck....

Thanks....FYI is was Lexus of Northboro that let me walk, used 07 IS250. Used car mgr blew the sale because he tried to confuse me with numbers. When I called him on it, he got flustered and left. Came back, extended his hand for handshake and said they could not do the deal. Not exactly the way to negotiate on a car. We were only $1k apart!!! Guess they did not want to sell the car. Other dealers had similar cars for $1-2k less with less milage, but they would not budge........ I have my eye on one at chambers.....wish me luck....

Wow, that's crazy...Good luck. I have had no luck with either Chambers Honda or Lexus on my last two purchases - maybe you can get somewhere with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Stay away from Northboro.. When I was looking for my IS350 a few years ago.. the salesman wouldn't even look me in the eye when he was talking.. Too busy looking for someone that had a suit on I guess...

Went out to Balise in Springfield.. Great people.. not the fanciest Lexus Dealership.. but they WANT your business and do what ever it takes for it..

Its less then 2 mins off the Mass Pike and 91...

Actually, I recently purchased a CPO IS350 from Lexus of Northborough, and had a great buying experience.

I told the sales manager that I didn't want to play the number game and gave him a reasonable offer. The deal went smoothly without any headache.

I'd highly inclined to go there for future purchases as well.

Stay away from Northboro.. When I was looking for my IS350 a few years ago.. the salesman wouldn't even look me in the eye when he was talking.. Too busy looking for someone that had a suit on I guess...

Went out to Balise in Springfield.. Great people.. not the fanciest Lexus Dealership.. but they WANT your business and do what ever it takes for it..

Its less then 2 mins off the Mass Pike and 91...

I had the same experience with Northborough but with a new car - negotiated on the internet. We negotiated the trade at the dealer and got our target price as well. And their service is very responsive. So much so that even though LEXUS seems to be building rattle traps these days (again just read the litany of complains on these boards on the IS alone), I might consider another just because these guys really give their best to fix the darn thing.

I have come to the conclusion, after reading countless posts on this forum, that any three people will have five different opinions on any given topic.

Don't forget about Inskip down in RI. It's a bit of a trip depending on where you are in Mass, but I took the trip from Boston to pick up my car because they were the first to get me the car I wanted and they gave me by far the best price. I got an 06 IS 250 AWD back in May 06 and I believe I got $4000-$6000 off msrp, I can't remember the exact numbers.

Joe