End Of Extended Warranty Coming Up

Elsupremo

117.515 KM 2000 LS 400 Limited Edition

I purchased a comprehensive extended warranty which will run out in June or 120.000 KM, I have to take the car to the shop to have the Hood struts replaced as they wont hold it anymore. Is there any other Items that should be checked out before the warranty runs out??

The warranty is with an external warranty company not the Lexus warranty...

Do you notice anything out of the ordinary El?

Are the hood struts covered under the extended warranty? I would suggest paying a Lexus dealer an hour labour to go over the car with a fine tooth comb to see if they can find something that is covered. I purchased an extended 'Lexus' warranty for my previous ES & it was pretty expensive......all I got out of it was rear suspension bushings at 110,000 km's.

:cheers:

Do you notice anything out of the ordinary El?

Are the hood struts covered under the extended warranty? I would suggest paying a Lexus dealer an hour labour to go over the car with a fine tooth comb to see if they can find something that is covered. I purchased an extended 'Lexus' warranty for my previous ES & it was pretty expensive......all I got out of it was rear suspension bushings at 110,000 km's.

:cheers:

Hello Lexusfreak,

I would think that bushings would be a normal use wear and tear part, you say that they were replaced under warranty?? Good deal... I have a couple of minor issues with my suspension however I don't think this type of thing would not be covered under warranty.

I will definitely take your advice and have the dealership go over the vehicle.

As far as the hood struts, i believe they are covered... My extended warranty was pretty expensive too but having a Mercedes Benz 320-4matic before that I figured it would pay for itself since that car cost me dear in repairs(%$#@*!) Little did I know what a beautiful (built like a tank) quality I would have with the Lexus!!!! :D

117.515 KM 2000 LS 400 Limited Edition

I purchased a comprehensive extended warranty which will run out in June or 120.000 KM, I have to take the car to the shop to have the Hood struts replaced as they wont hold it anymore. Is there any other Items that should be checked out before the warranty runs out??

The warranty is with an external warranty company not the Lexus warranty...

Hello rfeldes,

You lucky dog! a 460!! she's a beauty...(envy)lol!

Stupid question but what is involved in the 100.000kms check up? With cars, I am a firm beliver in the old saying "If it aint broke....

I mean why ruin a good thing; do you know other wise? Besides I don't believe parts would be covered.

Thanks