Slowly Replacing All The Screws

tem

I really am disappointed on how many of the esterior screws on my car are getting rusty. I started out with a Box each of Hex Head M8 / M6 / Washers / Lock Washers / M6 Oval Heads. I am trying to circumnavigate problems down the road when repair becomes a necessity.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of Rust on these Vehicles.

Body Looks Good, Everything else needs Repainting.

Tom

I'm from Elkins Park, PA; not that far from you

Being up in Boston I think maybe the reason. They may use alot more salt in the winter time.

edit: I have alittle bit of rust on some screws and a bit on the underside, but nothing serious or so ugly that something has to be done about it. Be sure you hose off your car all over after winter is over to get rid of any salts and etc.

-Robert

I'm in sunny California. Not too much of a rust problem here. I'm inland as well, so I don't get the rust like cars on the CA coast would get.

The exhaust rust, I think is normal...if you're talking about what you'd see on the passenger side through the front wheel well.

Rather than replacing rusty screws/nuts/bolts, why not just keep some penetrating oil on the ones you'd want to remove? Some of those are just going to rust, regardless of where you are.

Just my $0.02 worth.

If any of those are structural or mechanical related, make sure you torque them down to the correct ft/lb.

Which ones are you replacing?

Doug