Dies At Stop Light

JWH

I'm new to the forum having just purchased a 1995 LS400 with 132,000 miles on it in 7/07. It has been running GREAT with one exception. I've attempted to take it into several local mechanics and none have successfully resolved the problem, telling me it runs great.

If I travel on the freeway for 50-60 miles at speeds of 65-75 MPH, when I pull off the freeway to either a stop sign or light, the RPM dwindle and the car dies. It'll restart immediately and run normally around town after that. Do any of you Lexus experts have a suggestion for resolving this issue short of taking it into a Lexus dealership...and a wallet biopsy for me.

Thanks

problem is that engine dies after highway driving and then coming to a stop, it is a know problem and there is a recall on that, as mentioned before, majority of 95 LS develop this some time in their lives. just like suggested previously, contact the dealer and arrange an ECU swap, if i remember correctly that what has to be done.

make sure you dont agree to any "extra" services from the dealer:) since they are not going to be free:)

problem is that engine dies after highway driving and then coming to a stop, it is a know problem and there is a recall on that, as mentioned before, majority of 95 LS develop this some time in their lives. just like suggested previously, contact the dealer and arrange an ECU swap, if i remember correctly that what has to be done.

make sure you dont agree to any "extra" services from the dealer:) since they are not going to be free:)

Alternator

The same thing happened to almost all 95-96 owners. if you do a search you can find a lot of into. i think NC211 was the first to diagnose the problem and has a long thread. it might even be a sticky? but there was a recall.