Low Profile Tires On Ls460

I have read various complaints about the ride of the 460 and wonder about a partial solution. When I was looking at Infiniti models, I made the same complaint. The manager noted this and said it was due to low profile tires they were using. He then had me ride in one of his cars, the same model, with (?) higher profile tires, wider from rim to edge, and the ride was definitey improved.

Does anyone know if this sort of option is available to us with regard to 460's?

I have read various complaints about the ride of the 460 and wonder about a partial solution. When I was looking at Infiniti models, I made the same complaint. The manager noted this and said it was due to low profile tires they were using. He then had me ride in one of his cars, the same model, with (?) higher profile tires, wider from rim to edge, and the ride was definitey improved.

Does anyone know if this sort of option is available to us with regard to 460's?

The GS430 I had had a pretty harsh ride with the 18" OEM wheels.

Went to a 17" wheel which allowed me to use higher profile tires and was a big help.

As long as you don't significantly alter the overall diameter of the tires, everthing stays fine.

Besides having more 'cushion' between the rim and the road you also have less chance of bending the wheel in a pothole.

Below are a couple websites that calculate the alternative tire sizes for you.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit

http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

Whit

You'd have to go to a 17" wheel. Putting higher profile tires on the wheels you have is not a solution since it will increase the wheel's diameter and throw all the car's instruments off.