Ls400 Front Cooling Electric Fan(2)

mttls400

hi ..

im new to this website. i was wondering if these 1992 LS400 electronic fans connect to A/C evaporator electronic circuitry (under the deck - by the passenger side)? The reason i am asking because my car just got an evaporator replacement by the shop and i noticed that the electric cooling fans are no longer work when A/C is operating.

Should they be when the A/C is turned on? If i remember correctly these fans should have low RPM whenever A/C was on in the past. I did 1/2 hour driving test this evening with the A/C full on and the fans is not moving at all. Please, help - i am just afraid the mechanic, who has worked on my car, did not installed the evaporator correctly.

I also test it by keeping the car on while it was on park and turn the ac to full and kept about for 1/2 hours then pop the hood and saw its still not working. Please, help - Thank you all !

I don't find anything in the service manual that suggests that the evaporator is monitored for cooling fan operation. There is a coolant temperature switch in the radiator that affects fan operation. I would check the relay first, then the ECT switch.

The following portion of the manual has a wiring diagram and pages 16-18 have the procedure for removing and testing the ECT switch. Hope this helps!

electriccoolingfan.pdf

I don't find anything in the service manual that suggests that the evaporator is monitored for cooling fan operation. There is a coolant temperature switch in the radiator that affects fan operation. I would check the relay first, then the ECT switch.

The following portion of the manual has a wiring diagram and pages 16-18 have the procedure for removing and testing the ECT switch. Hope this helps!

electriccoolingfan.pdf

Thank you Scott. This PDF helps me a lots