Rx300 Radio Trouble

zmckenna

This has probably been beat to death on here, I've searched throughout and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 with a radio that does'nt work. The navigation works fine and so do the voice commands on it, but the radio does'nt.

I have checked the fuses, done a quick check of the wiring and nothing looks burnt or worn. I am at wits end and any input would be very very helpful because my wife getting very tired of my singing.

Thanks in advance

Zeke

So you are able to get the navigation sound through all the speakers? But you do not get sound from the radio? How about if you play a cd?

Yes, if the radio appears to come on, the station/frequency display comes up, but no sound, you probably have a failure in the internal "switch" that switches the sound source from radio to nav and vice versa. Try changing the nav volume level two or three times and see if that helps.

Mine often doesn't switch to the nav sound source mode correctly until I raise and lower the nav volume once or twice.

I raised the volume on the nav and I can hear it fine, but still no sound. When I go to the sound screen and try to adjust anything at all, the adjustments don't move at all, no treble, no bass, I can't even adjust it side to side.

Zeke

That seems strange Im not sure but does the navigationa play through all of the speakers or just one I havnt done any work on one with nav. Im not sure if most people in my area just didnt get it. If it plays through all the speakers then i would have to say that the factory amp is ok. It may be possible that the radio portion has just went bad. Unfortunately in your car there isnt an easy way to tell.

Sounds like I have the same issue but I do not have the voice command option. Radio tunes to various stations, antenna runs fine, CD player spins CD and changes discs, but no sound. It's like the mute button is on, but it isn't. Checked all fuses and amp under the front seat for and inline fuse. Nothing. HELP!

1999 RX300 with premium sound.

This has probably been beat to death on here, I've searched throughout and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 with a radio that does'nt work. The navigation works fine and so do the voice commands on it, but the radio does'nt.

I have checked the fuses, done a quick check of the wiring and nothing looks burnt or worn. I am at wits end and any input would be very very helpful because my wife getting very tired of my singing.

Thanks in advance

Zeke

I have a 2005 RX330, and my sound disappeared yesterday, just as you described Zeke. It didn't happen while listening....but just didn't work after I got back in the car and restarted. Wierd. Everything else works normal except for the sound, and cannot change any of the settings for the bass, treble, fader, etc. As you described, the navigation voice still works (front left speaker only.....normal) and bluetooth sound is OK also. At first when it happened, when I would try to turn up the sound either with the radio knob, or the button on the steering wheel, the radio face showed "Volume 0", and wouldn't move from that setting. Now, it doesn't even do that. (there is no reaction on the face when using the knob, or the steering wheel button now). Hope someone has an answer soon.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I'm finally back in So Cal, for a while I hope and now that I'm back I am readdressing this issue with the stereo in our 2001 RX300.

Yesterday I looked at every fuse and found NONE burned, then I took out the stereo from the dash and all looked fine, wires intact, I even called the dealer to see if it might have something to do with the anti-theft built into the stereo, not that either, they said if the stereo comes on when you hit the audio button and the antenna goes up it's not the anti-theft.

The problem I am having is when you try to adjust the sound on the screen nothing nada zilch, so that leads me to believe that it has something to do with either the stereo itself or the amp.

I looked at the diagram for my car that I found here on this site, the stereo is where it should be as well as the speakers and I even found a subwoofer under the front passenger seat. But for the life of me I can't find the placement of the amp. Does anyone know or have any idea where it might be and also once again what they think the problem might be. If you can help at all, pleeeeeeease help, the wifes been on me about since I got back, I know the weather has been nice here in So Cal lately, but it's no fun sleeping in the dog house.

Thanks

Zeke