Factory Or After Market?

laney94

94 ls400 - I am trying to find a replacement part for a rear side spoiler for underneath the rear quarter panel - had a blowout and the steel in the tire chewed up the piece of molding. I've emailed David at ParkPlaceTexas.com and he feels this is an after-market part - not Lexus. We bought this car new from Lexus of Nashville 14 years ago - I don't think they added an after-market kit. Can anyone tell me if this is a stock part? Please see photos of driver side 1/spoiler and passenger side without.

post-57692-1206740647_thumb.jpg

post-57692-1206740655_thumb.jpg

94 ls400 - I am trying to find a replacement part for a rear side spoiler for underneath the rear quarter panel - had a blowout and the steel in the tire chewed up the piece of molding. I've emailed David at ParkPlaceTexas.com and he feels this is an after-market part - not Lexus. We bought this car new from Lexus of Nashville 14 years ago - I don't think they added an after-market kit. Can anyone tell me if this is a stock part? Please see photos of driver side 1/spoiler and passenger side without.

Yes, that is a stock part. On 1990-1992 LS400s, it and all of the trim under the doors was black. Starting in 1993 it was the same colors of the bumper.

David doesnt know his own inventory.....looks like your bumper needs to be repainted.....mine were like that & I had them repainted......front & rear....

Jeff

How much did bumper painting set you back? Did you have both the white and silver portions painted?

TIA

Dave sent me the sketches of the bumper, but he and his manager agreed it was aftermarket and suggested that I needed a full bumper cover - I concur, they didn't really know about this part - even with the pics I sent them. Thanks for the input guys. It does look much better with this molding.

Fiveofakind, yes I've had a problem with cracking paint on rear bumper, that's the next expense I'm in for.

so if i wanted to have my 90 look like this 94 then i can just buy the under body molding. and is it compatible with all years?

you would need the door cladding, along with side-skirts, 93-94 bolder/fatter. its also painted. nott worth it IMO, unless you get it from a junked 93-94, and they are same silver color.

also, i dont know if they are bolt on, but i wouldn't see why they wouldnt be.