Memory Seats

Ted7

The memory seats are not working, although the powered seats are working fine!

What could it be? Something about the buttons from the control panel on the door?

Thx in advance for any help

26 views, no answer ? :whistles:

i noticed this with my car one time. you made sure that you had it in park and the key in the ignition turned to the on position right? (hopefully cus it says that at the top of the manual). that was my problem before

• 10 months later...
Ted, Are you getting a signal beep, while pushing the "SET" button 1 or 2? You might want to take a look at page 78 in the owner's manual: Conditions for memorized position activation.

Nope, no beep, nothing, nada, rien, nieks!

Ted7, Download the Lexus_SC_300_400_Factory_Workshop_Manual, from the link below and type in seat memory in search function. It may help you find the problem?

http://www.zshare.net/download/5185463529a5bf95/

Thx a lot for that great file!

Anyway, problem solved... in fact (ahem) I pulled out the door panel and found out the module was unplugged...

Works fine now (obviously), but thanks to all of you for the precious help provided!

T7

• 2 months later...

does this have anything to do with my drivers seat not going back to the drive position after i move it up after retrieving something from the back, the passenger seat works , but the drivers seat does not.

does this have anything to do with my drivers seat not going back to the drive position after i move it up after retrieving something from the back, the passenger seat works , but the drivers seat does not.

Mine does this too.

As for my memory seat, my module is plugged in (I took apart my door as well). The memory seat uses FLASH memory in the ECU. FLASH eventually wears out (so store your SD card photos somewhere safe and carry more than one with the camera!) and my 1994 SC400 is probably plum worn out.

where is the ecu for this function?

What the post above you means is that the flash memory for the memory is actually inside the main ECU. You can't find the memory and swap in a new memory card to get it to work. Like he said, once it gets so old, it simply won't work anymore. Mine doesn't work at all anymore. Maybe that's what 200,000 miles and 16 years does to the flash memory. ;)

I understood what he meant, what my question is about, still stands. Where is the ECU physically located for the memory seats.

ECU for the memory seat function is underneath the driver's seat. Right in the middle. You nee to remove the front seat, it is attached to the underside. Just doing mine now as well, steering column worked, the seats all move manually --- but the mem button functions on the door were inop. Car has some down time now, I have the front of the engine torn down for a timing belt/water pump replacement, so I am ironing out all the little things that are bugging me since taking ownership of it two months ago.

I guess the last owner fainted when he got the estimate from Lexus to do all this stuff. The timing belt alone would've run him over a grand.

Anyhow -- remove the driver's seat and you'll see the ECU under the cushion in the center.

thanks for the info. Over a grand ouch.

Yeah, I can see why they get it, it's the "aggravation factor"

When you remove the seat, lean it back and remove the bolts for the front vertical adjuster. Lift the seat cushion up and remove the ECU for replacement.