Maintenance Service In Bay Area, Ca.

jaylenzmom

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service center in the Bay Area, California? My 04 RX330 needs its 30K maintenance service and it costs $800 at the local Lexus dealership. I'm looking for something less expensive as that price seems rather high for a simple maintenance job.

thanks!

Carolyn (Oakland, CA - 04RX330)

Hi,

I use Yarnell's Auto Repair in Mountain View for my Rx 300. Reliable and not as expensive as the Lexus dealer - a bit more expensive than the average shop, perhaps. Mountain View may be a bit far for you though.

Regards,

--Salim

Does anyone have a recommendation for a service center in the Bay Area, California? My 04 RX330 needs its 30K maintenance service and it costs $800 at the local Lexus dealership. I'm looking for something less expensive as that price seems rather high for a simple maintenance job.

thanks!

thanks!

Take your car to a Toyota Dealership..aka Capitol Toyota or Piercy and tell them specifically what you want done. Chances are it'll be cheaper than Lex.

thanks!

Try Alameda Toyota(use to be Ron Goode). I had major service done to my RX300 last year and price is very competitive. http://www.alamedatoyota.net/

Check out their service special and you can use competitor's coupon too. Be sure they honor it before committing.

Thanks everyone. This website is great. I will try Toyota in Alameda as that is closest to my location. Do you think for oil changes, you can just go to somewhere like Jiffy Lube?

Jiffylube should be okay. But I would becareful. Several years ago, I caught one guy at a tire store cheated and didn't replace my oil filter. And at another oil change place, they had a hard time figure out how to replace the oil filter(understandably they lack the familiarity in our kind of card). I had to show tell them its best to take the bottom engine cover off to access the filter.

The oil filter for the 2000 RX300 is hard to access from the top. You have to do it from the bottom of the car but I am not sure about your RX330.

Anyway, just keep an eye on them to keep them honest. Good luck!

I have used Piercey Toyota in Milpitas for my last two services on my 2004 RX330, they did a comparable job for roughly half the cost.

You dont get a loan car but they have a van service which can drop you off or wait in their new lounge which is almost as good as Lexus and they have free coffee and water.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone. This website is great. I will try Toyota in Alameda as that is closest to my location. Do you think for oil changes, you can just go to somewhere like Jiffy Lube?

Jiffylube should be okay. But I would becareful. Several years ago, I caught one guy at a tire store cheated and didn't replace my oil filter. And at another oil change place, they had a hard time figure out how to replace the oil filter(understandably they lack the familiarity in our kind of card). I had to show tell them its best to take the bottom engine cover off to access the filter....

I'd stay away form JiffyLube...Check out this video. 5 out of 9 shops cheated their customer!!!

Jiffylube should be okay. But I would becareful. Several years ago, I caught one guy at a tire store cheated and didn't replace my oil filter. And at another oil change place, they had a hard time figure out how to replace the oil filter(understandably they lack the familiarity in our kind of card). I had to show tell them its best to take the bottom engine cover off to access the filter....

I'd stay away form JiffyLube...Check out this video. 5 out of 9 shops cheated their customer!!!

Wow! Shame on them. This is the kind of business ethics that give company a bad name. And one reason that I watch them like a hawk if I can.

Always get several opinions before major repairs.

Thanks for shariing.

Stay away from Jiffy Lube places. They employee young kids, and don't do a great job screening them. They are notorious for not changing filters, forgetting important stuff like putting your drain plug back in and trying to sell you services that you do not need.

If I don't have time to do oil changes myself, I take our vehicles to the local gas station mechanic. His name is Mike, and I trust him to use a new oil filter (I've checked his work in the past) and he charges a reasonable $30 vs. the unreasonable $90 that Lexus would charge.

I would also stay away from jiffy lube, the filter you get there may not be of the quality that you would want, and yes they are prone to push products that you dont need. Use a local Toyota dealership and use their quick change service. You will be out the door for less than $50.....