95es300 Engine Stalled Several Times

sunman

I have a 95 es300 with 216k miles. All services done. No leaks. No other issues. Timing belt, water pump, plugs, cam and crank seals, done at 160k. Now I have a check engine light and the engine stalled 5 times this morning. Code is p1300 igniter circuit malfunction. Is it the igniter itself or could it be something else downstream such as a CAT? I also have a shift solonoid code in there for quite some time now and need or get that ordered soon.

Bump... I replaced the Ignitor and still same problem. Engine dies and shows Ignitor Circuit Malfunction code p1300. Any ideas?????

I don't have the wiring diagram for the igniter in front of me, but I can tell you that you may have another issue further down the line. I've replaced the igniter in toyota's a few times and it seems like they are rarely the problem, it usually ends up being a coil, or ecu problem. IIRC there is a method to test the igniter to make sure it's working properly, and you could grab another igniter out of a junkyard for alot cheaper than buying a new one, if you decide that it is the problem.

I have a 95 es300 with 216k miles. All services done. No leaks. No other issues. Timing belt, water pump, plugs, cam and crank seals, done at 160k. Now I have a check engine light and the engine stalled 5 times this morning. Code is p1300 igniter circuit malfunction. Is it the igniter itself or could it be something else downstream such as a CAT? I also have a shift solonoid code in there for quite some time now and need or get that ordered soon.

I would suspect the ignition switch. Just my 2 centavos

if you need some used parts for your car i got tons buddy and good luck on your issue...adam

captainhowdy313@yahoo.com

if you need some used parts for your car i got tons buddy and good luck on your issue...adam

captainhowdy313@yahoo.com