Heat And Foam Seats

grouch

As you already know, there's not much foam to collapse! While the heating element in the seats may cause a bit of degradation over time, I don't believe that it would be nearly as much a contributing factor as simply the weight of the seat occupant.

You may want to seek out a good automotive upholstery shop in your area and inquire about having additional or replacement padding installed into your RX seats. When I converted my 1999 Dodge Ram pickup from cloth to leather seats back in 2001, I had the shop add additional padding in both seats along with the conversion to leather. It made a world of difference to me by adding more support for my back, butt, and thighs. The conversion has really held up well over the years. I can hop into my truck today, drive for 6 hours straight, and still feel refreshed upon arriving at my destination. Of course, I have major headroom and legroom in my truck cab compared to any RX cabin, and my truck seat frames are much larger, longer, and sturdier than any RX as well....

One of the members of our car club is the owner of a automotive upholstery shop. I might take a run over to his shop when it stops snowing. Every other car that I own, except the 57', has had sheep skin covers. I was afraid that the sheep skin in the RX would raise me into the headliner.

I hear ya on the truck. I've got a built 77' Ford 4X4. Lots of space, but 11 MPG.