Help Me!

twyatt

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a 92 Lexus with 190,000 miles that likes to jerk when you first start out...once you get passed 20 mph, it subsides. but when you slow down, and take off again, it starts jerking again.. it's like it's trying to die, but it don't. It is very dangerous in town, because you don't know, when it will take off...I am afraid that I will be run over one of these days...

If you have any suggestions, or if you've had the same problem, please help me to figure it out..

thanks,

twyatt

your tranny is dying. thats pretty much it. from what i know you cant do much about it. you can try changing fluid, it can either help or just kill it completely.

if it jerks from what ive heard, teeth on the gears might be broken off, this is why it jekrs, those broken teeth get in between gears and break more teeth. that happend to me on my old chrysler, had to rebuild the tranny.

Might need a little more details.....

I would have it checked at a Lexus/Toyota dealer before doing anything. Rates are not too bad. Good luck!

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a 92 Lexus with 190,000 miles that likes to jerk when you first start out...once you get passed 20 mph, it subsides. but when you slow down, and take off again, it starts jerking again.. it's like it's trying to die, but it don't. It is very dangerous in town, because you don't know, when it will take off...I am afraid that I will be run over one of these days...

If you have any suggestions, or if you've had the same problem, please help me to figure it out..

thanks,

twyatt