Pics Of My 92ls With 20's

IansLexus

I have had these wheels on my car for about 4 months now, but never posted pictures on here yet. Understandably, many think they are too blingy, but i really like them.

245/35/20 fronts, 255/35/20s in the rear.. and the rears rub pretty badwhen I am carrying a rear passanger, or if the trunk it full of heavy things. Would switching to 245 in the rear help?

2274651210052890150S600x600Q85.jpg

2936960640052890150S600x600Q85.jpg

2432166020052890150S600x600Q85.jpg

2718175880052890150S600x600Q85.jpg

2038684310052890150S600x600Q85.jpg

WOW!!! I'm a big fan of simple 5 spokes, very nice, very clean....and VERY easy to clean ;) lol...

Looks like it's the offset causing the rubbing, if you lower it and roll the fenders they might camber in enough to clear...maybe.. just an idea (would look a lot better lowered too!!!!)

Bottom line... I think they look great man! Definately consider lowering it though if you haven't already!! :D

WOW!!! I'm a big fan of simple 5 spokes, very nice, very clean....and VERY easy to clean ;) lol...

Looks like it's the offset causing the rubbing, if you lower it and roll the fenders they might camber in enough to clear...maybe.. just an idea (would look a lot better lowered too!!!!)

Bottom line... I think they look great man! Definately consider lowering it though if you haven't already!! :D

it is +35 offset all around... does that look about right? I'm glad you like them! I always liked your 1gen LS... on myspace video and cardomain... it was definitely one of the LSs that convinced me to buy mine a year ago :) I remember you saying somewhere that you just changed springs and not struts on yours.. is that true? How much does it cost to get the fenders rolled, and who would do that?

I had to order them especially from CA cause I couldn't find anywhere else that had the exact style I liked :) Only $1400 including tires, shipped! with a 3 years structural and chrome warranty!!

it is +35 offset all around... does that look about right? I'm glad you like them! I always liked your 1gen LS... on myspace video and cardomain... it was definitely one of the LSs that convinced me to buy mine a year ago :) I remember you saying somewhere that you just changed springs and not struts on yours.. is that true? How much does it cost to get the fenders rolled, and who would do that?

I had to order them especially from CA cause I couldn't find anywhere else that had the exact style I liked :) Only $1400 including tires, shipped! with a 3 years structural and chrome warranty!!

hey i think that looks very nice!!!! i have the same car its a 1991 LS400 i have also have 20" on it but i have 235/35/20 all around and only the right side rubs on the fenders... i changes all my shocks because they were shot but it still rubs but just not as much i went to EPA and they told me that its going to be hard to roll because the fenders to this car has a inner lining so if you roll or cut it, you have to weld the inner lining so it dose not rust inside and thats a lot more money... so i was thinking if there is anyway to camber it some so it has enough clearance so it dose not rub...can anyone help?

Hmm..... 35 Seems about right... I got the Tanabe DF210's from Luxurymods.com they might camber in just enough to clear the fenders.

And thanks! I'm glad I influenced you to get one! :D They are amazing cars you should never be upset with it :D

I bought my old one with 114k miles on it. and sole it 1.5 years later with 186k! hahaha and I never replaced anything, just changed fluids and oil.

• 4 months later...

How do these tires ride on the highway, do you get much road noise. I have a 97ls400 and am thinking about putting a set of wheels on it. Not sure if I should go with 18 or 20's. I do a lot of highway riding and do not want to give up the Lexus ride. My wife has a 2000 GS300 with 18's and they ride very good. Any insight into the wheel upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

M

How do these tires ride on the highway, do you get much road noise. I have a 97ls400 and am thinking about putting a set of wheels on it. Not sure if I should go with 18 or 20's. I do a lot of highway riding and do not want to give up the Lexus ride. My wife has a 2000 GS300 with 18's and they ride very good. Any insight into the wheel upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

M

If you don't want to give up the "Lexus ride", don't go any bigger than the stock wheels. Your suspension was designed for 16" wheels. I have ridden in a friend's LS400 with larger-than-stock wheels. They did not look like the ones on these cars, but were a similar size. While the ride was not terrible, it wasn't nearly as good as with the regular 16" wheels.

The LS400's soft suspension makes it easy to notice. I guess you have to either choose between comfort or style!

Hate to rain on the parade, but I agree with thomas. If you go above 16's, it could feel like you're ride'n bricks over less than smooth surfaces. 20's are definitely rad. Read up on various posts from those who have switched back after trying the change.

Hate to rain on the parade, but I agree with thomas. If you go above 16's, it could feel like you're ride'n bricks over less than smooth surfaces. 20's are definitely rad. Read up on various posts from those who have switched back after trying the change.

My IS300 17" wheels are fine since they have a decent sidewall to tread ratio. The 20's have to have a thin sidewall to just fit. The guy I got the wheels from put 19" wheels on is IS and hated them except car shows and highway driving. LOL! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

wow... sorry everyone, I havent been around in awhile.. I thought my thread was dead by now!! haha

To everyone asking, YES.. ride quality is reduced. Do I really care much at all? Nope! Maybe its cause I'm young, but I don't mind having a rougher ride. Hell, I have an R6 and a 240sx slammed to the ground (VERY rough ride), so to me, ride quality isn't a huge deal. On the plus side, though, I get comments from people all the time that ride in my car that it has an AMAZING, smooth, ride. (what they DONT know, is that the stock ride is even better ;) ).

Highway riding is not bad, road noise it more apparent, but even with music off, windows up, a/c on, its not very noticeable. You need to be more careful when it comes to bumps and dips in the road, you don't want to bend a rim. (By the way, besides my 240, I have a F250 with 24's and a Jag XJ8 with 22's, and have never bent a rim, but I know it can happen.) You will get the learn what roads are worse in very short time, and avoid them.

Jcrome, car is holding up great! thanks...

condensed version: 20" rims make ride a little harsher, obviously, but I think it's worth it. (harder on your brakes and hubs, though) Road noise is increased, but not by much. if you like the look of 20's, check them! You will not regret it. If you want a real clean, good looking compromise, get 18's and lower that thang!

Jeez Blayd bringing up all the old threads or what! lol jk :lol:

Let's see some pics of your LS! :D

Yep thats me. Il put some up as soon as I get off campus.

And yea dude ur thread was dead I did a dr. Frankenstine on it.