Removing Back Seat

Hello to all, I'm new on this forum. Did a search few times about removing the back seat for my car, found some but....couldn't find anything with pictures. I had to replace the sub, sadly it started to rattle about 1 month AFTER my warranty ended :-(.

It's fixed but thought I'd post some pictures for anyone needing them. Enjoy... :D

Back seat:

01.jpg

Pull up on the lower part on left/right sides. You can feel where it meets with the frame... Slide out towards front of car and up, there are the rear hooks holding the lower seat in place:

02.jpg

Remove lower seat.

Removing backrest seat you have 4 bolts, 2 nuts, 3 head rests. 3 bolts are along the bottom adjacent to hooks holding lower seat in, 2 nuts underneath left/right head rests, remove center headrest:

Bolts along the bottom:

08.jpg

Nuts (these took a while for me to find!!):

13.jpg

Remove 3rd brake light. Small regular screwdriver underneath back to lift up...slide towards front of car. Disconnect plug :

14_2.jpg-(just so happens my neighbor decided to drive right by with their white GS300!)

14_1.jpg

Remove child restraint seat holders/clips:

15.jpg

Slide backrest up and forward to remove.

Optional...You can either remove the 3 seatbelt holders w/ 3 philips screws each or stick a small awl inside hole to pop open the seat belt clamp:

21.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

There are clips for the back shelf you can pop them out from within the trunk (could use 2 people for this). Sub is visible and can be easily removed..careful with the wiring!

Hope this helps some for those needing pictures ...

~Alex

interesting interior color! what color do they call that? but thanks for the great info/pictures i will shortly replaceing my ML sub and upgrading to a 12" instead of the 10" sub that comes factory!

With another Lexus sub that I got pretty cheap from a friend. Sounded better of course without the rattle.

When you replaced your sub, did you replace it with another factory lexus sub, or an aftermarket sub? Once it was replaced, how quality was the sound i.e..bass, clarity, etc.

Yea I'm not too entirely sure on the color but to me it's burnt orange! I love it, took me a lot of patience and waiting around for me to get this beauty. How much are you getting the 12" for?

On the side note.... are all air free sub cone's made of a cardboard looking material as ours? The Mark Levinson brand I thought was pretty good and when I heard the rattle couldn't believe it was the sub! Subs I've seen at stores and in other peoples vehicles have a black cone material that looks and sounds better. Just figured this was the case as well.

interesting interior color! what color do they call that? but thanks for the great info/pictures i will shortly replaceing my ML sub and upgrading to a 12" instead of the 10" sub that comes factory!

well it would take a lot of getting used to for me......but if u like it thats all that matters I'm trying to decide if i wanna swap my interior to make my car back on black or just sell/buy a new gs430. I'm getting the 12 for cheap ($169) and putting in a pioneer ts-sw1241d its a shallow mount sub so it doesn't stick down to far but i am building a box for it as its not a free air! i was told almost no1 makes free airs anymore! um i dunno bout the black cone material i know what u mean but i dunno what it actually is!

Never had to check on this issue with the pump.......but guessing here shouldn't it be in the trunk? Below the trunk liner/spare tire right above the gas tank?

Can this operation be used for the process of replacing a fuel pump? it's located in the gas tank, is it not?

• 3 weeks later...

for an RX 300 the back seats have to come out to get at the fuel pump.

These pictures were not from an RX300...

( But I could see the pump cover in one of the pictures.)

Get the Hayes manuals and it shows and explains the whole procedure.

• 10 months later...
well it would take a lot of getting used to for me......but if u like it thats all that matters I'm trying to decide if i wanna swap my interior to make my car back on black or just sell/buy a new gs430. I'm getting the 12 for cheap ($169) and putting in a pioneer ts-sw1241d its a shallow mount sub so it doesn't stick down to far but i am building a box for it as its not a free air! i was told almost no1 makes free airs anymore! um i dunno bout the black cone material i know what u mean but i dunno what it actually is!

sakataj-

I'm interested in the same setup. Did you ever do it? Were you pleased with the results? I'd love to see pictures if you have them. I've also been looking at the IB setup offered by Elemental Designs

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_78_117

but I am concerned that I will not be satisfied with the results.

THANKS

sakataj-

I'm interested in the same setup. Did you ever do it? Were you pleased with the results? I'd love to see pictures if you have them. I've also been looking at the IB setup offered by Elemental Designs

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_78_117

but I am concerned that I will not be satisfied with the results.

THANKS

hi smart....i ironically am JUST pursuing this and getting it done....i have almost gathered up all the pieces i need....should all be taken care of in next week or month at the latest... i wont bash them but i personally will NEVER use elemental, lotta bad feedback i have seen bout them from people i trust

• 4 months later...

the elemental designs setup looked good in the pics, but i wanted to try the new free air

Pioneer TSSW251 Shallow Mount 10 Inch 800 Watts Subwoofer

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TSSW251-Shal..._pr_product_top

anybody tried this?? it was recomended by my mechanic...

any info appreciated

the elemental designs setup looked good in the pics, but i wanted to try the new free air

Pioneer TSSW251 Shallow Mount 10 Inch 800 Watts Subwoofer

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TSSW251-Shal..._pr_product_top

anybody tried this?? it was recomended by my mechanic...

any info appreciated

i have but i did it in a 12" sub....which is now for sale STILL NIB email me if interested in it?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/general-cl...-subwoofer.html

im switching to a competition sub

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...xxx-owners.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

• 11 years later...

Good morning I'm new to this site, and hopefully I can find answers on my Lexus and how to get it back, so two days ago my Lexus of gs300 had gotten stolen . Is there anyway I can track this Lexus down ??

So it just gotten stolen and I'm trying to track it literally right now I'm in the moment of just to find it and then maybe afterwards you know after checking it out and see how much damage or whatever that these buttheads had did to my car oh maybe well for sure but get that monthly tracking device but in the meantime I need to find something do something to find this car

Just now, Carrisa said:

So it just gotten stolen and I'm trying to track it literally right now I'm in the moment of just to find it and then maybe afterwards you know after checking it out and see how much damage or whatever that these buttheads had did to my car oh maybe well for sure but get that monthly tracking device but in the meantime I need to find something do something to find this car

And what would be the pricing range if anybody knows any good prices I've been stressing for two days for this car it means so much to me as the owner does..