Es350 In Canada

Darren Y.

Hi Everybody!

I have finally made the decision to buy a Lexus! I have decided on buying the ES350 with package A (the one without nav)over other Acura TSX, Audi A4, and the IS250 AWD mainly because I've decided that comfort is more important to me than a sporty feel.

The base price for the ES in Canada is $39,900 CDN which is approx. $39,205 USD. Package A is $3,700 CDN which is $3,635 USD. A total of $43,600 CDN or $42,828 USD, plus tax (13%) and freight. Much higher than what it is in the States, but I am not willing to go through the hassle of importing a car.

I am planning on buying it next or 2 weeks from now, but I was wondering if anyone knows the dealer invoice in Canada, or approximately how much they mark up. And if you have bought a ES in Canada, how much did it cost, any free things thrown in? How was the buying experience?

And if you own a ES what is your take on it? Any problems, how's the reliability of it? Anything else I should know?

Thanks for the help! :D

Hi Everybody!

I have finally made the decision to buy a Lexus! I have decided on buying the ES350 with package A (the one without nav)over other Acura TSX, Audi A4, and the IS250 AWD mainly because I've decided that comfort is more important to me than a sporty feel.

The base price for the ES in Canada is $39,900 CDN which is approx. $39,205 USD. Package A is $3,700 CDN which is $3,635 USD. A total of $43,600 CDN or $42,828 USD, plus tax (13%) and freight. Much higher than what it is in the States, but I am not willing to go through the hassle of importing a car.

I am planning on buying it next or 2 weeks from now, but I was wondering if anyone knows the dealer invoice in Canada, or approximately how much they mark up. And if you have bought a ES in Canada, how much did it cost, any free things thrown in? How was the buying experience?

And if you own a ES what is your take on it? Any problems, how's the reliability of it? Anything else I should know?

What's the explanation for the base price being that much higher?

Hi Everybody!

Had my '08 ES 350 almost 5 months now. Ultra Premium with Nav. (Canadian combination). My previous car was a well equipped Accord.

No car is perfect, but you can look forward to a nice quiet and comfortable ride with the ES 350. I especially enjoy the highway ride. I drive about 45,000 kilometers a year so this was important.

A couple of weeks after ordering the car, I received a call to say that Lexus Canada was including regular maintenance for the first 80,00 KMs. This, because of the difference in US / Canadian dollar and sticker price.

Heavy rubber winter floor mats were included with the purchase. I think that this is standard.

As expected, the stock all season tires were not good in snow, but I didn't expect winter tires to be so expensive. I suggest you price this out in advance. Even if you only change the rubber, it is fairly expensive due to the tire pressure monitor and the need to recalibrate with every tire change. If you buy winter tires and rims from Lexus, expect to pay $2500 plus tax.

I have experienced a rust perforation issue on the rear exterior of the trunk lid. Appeared as a pin hole sized spot that was clearly through to metal. Not caused by any sort of impact, but rather was a paint flaw. Haven't seen any other posts about rust so I assume it is a rare situation and it really shouldn't influence your decision. My dealer is working on the car now (under warranty).

In the end I suppose choosing a car you will really like is a personal thing. Good luck with your Lexus.

I used Car Cost Canada at www.carcostcanada.com. I believe that the cost was approx. $40 and you are able to view wholesale prices on up to five different vehicles. I used a Broker that was affiliated with them to complete the purchase as it was the best price I could get. I never did actually meet the Broker in person, we did the deal over the phone and through emails - he was located in Mississauga. The car was delivered via truck from Windsor to my front door. The actual purchase experience was good with the only drawback being that I had to wait 1.5 months to get the vehicle with options I wanted; it was on a vessel to Vancouver, then by rail to Toronto, and this was over the Christmas holidays.

You can also join the APA at www.apa.ca. It's the same concept as the above. :cheers:

I used Car Cost Canada at www.carcostcanada.com. I believe that the cost was approx. $40 and you are able to view wholesale prices on up to five different vehicles. I used a Broker that was affiliated with them to complete the purchase as it was the best price I could get. I never did actually meet the Broker in person, we did the deal over the phone and through emails - he was located in Mississauga. The car was delivered via truck from Windsor to my front door. The actual purchase experience was good with the only drawback being that I had to wait 1.5 months to get the vehicle with options I wanted; it was on a vessel to Vancouver, then by rail to Toronto, and this was over the Christmas holidays.

You can also join the APA at www.apa.ca. It's the same concept as the above. :cheers:

Thanks for your answer and the site! Just one question, when you bought the car thorough the broker, was the broker affiliated with Lexus? As in, did you get full manufacturer's warrantee?

Do you remember how much the car cost, what make and model was it? How much did you save?

Thanks a lot! :)

Hi Everybody!

Welcome to LOC Darren! B)

Do you have a specific Lexus dealer your currently dealing with or are you just calling dealers for their best price? I ask because I have contacts & if your interested, I might be able to help you out. B)

:cheers:

Hi Everybody!

Welcome to LOC Darren! B)

Do you have a specific Lexus dealer your currently dealing with or are you just calling dealers for their best price? I ask because I have contacts & if your interested, I might be able to help you out. B)

Hi Lexusfreak!

Thanks! :D I am thinking of doing business with Don Valley North Lexus, but there are 2 others within my area, Scarborough Lexus and Richmond Hill Lexus.

I have been in talks with a Nelson Kwok (I think it's Kwok) at Don Valley. If you have any contacts it would be most appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Hi Lexusfreak!

Thanks! :D I am thinking of doing business with Don Valley North Lexus, but there are 2 others within my area, Scarborough Lexus and Richmond Hill Lexus.

I have been in talks with a Nelson Kwok (I think it's Kwok) at Don Valley. If you have any contacts it would be most appreciated!

I have dealt with Lexus of Richmond Hill in the past as well (they are part of the Don Valley North Lexus/Toyots group).

Would you consider going slightly out of town if you were able to get a better price? It has been my experience that DVN Lexus is one of the more expensive dealers to deal with overall.....as their 'fees' add up pretty quickly.

I can get into more detail if you like (I can send you a private message). Let me know. ;)

I have dealt with Lexus of Richmond Hill in the past as well (they are part of the Don Valley North Lexus/Toyots group).

Would you consider going slightly out of town if you were able to get a better price? It has been my experience that DVN Lexus is one of the more expensive dealers to deal with overall.....as their 'fees' add up pretty quickly.

I can get into more detail if you like (I can send you a private message). Let me know. ;)

I would consider going out of town for a better price, but only if significantly better, probably <$700 difference because the extra hassle needed to drive in an out of town is not worth it to me as DVN is a close drive for me (15-20 min.)

I currently have an offer for $46,300 CDN, cash including tax and freight, but I think that I could probably negotiate a lot more (maybe $1000-$2000). This is the base model (no HID Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel/shift knob...) but it includes heated/vented leather seats and a sunroof. But I am considering getting the premium package.

If you could PM me with some details it would be greatly appreciated.

I would consider going out of town for a better price, but only if significantly better, probably <$700 difference because the extra hassle needed to drive in an out of town is not worth it to me as DVN is a close drive for me (15-20 min.)

I currently have an offer for $46,300 CDN, cash including tax and freight, but I think that I could probably negotiate a lot more (maybe $1000-$2000). This is the base model (no HID Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel/shift knob...) but it includes heated/vented leather seats and a sunroof. But I am considering getting the premium package.

If you could PM me with some details it would be greatly appreciated.

Understood Darren. What is the exact package & colour combo your looking for? I can get the ball rolling & will send you a PM tomorrow. ;)

Do you have a trade in?

e]

Understood Darren. What is the exact package & colour combo your looking for? I can get the ball rolling & will send you a PM tomorrow. ;)

Do you have a trade in?

I'm looking for the ES350 Premium Package (no nav) w/ Smokey Granite Mica on Black. Yes, I have a trade in, a 1994 Toyota Camry, beige leather, wood trims, V6, A/C, 17in wheels, basically fully loaded but no sunroof.

Thank you very much for you help! I will definitely shop around for the best deal! :D

e]

Do you have a trade in?

I'm looking for the ES350 Premium Package (no nav) w/ Smokey Granite Mica on Black. Yes, I have a trade in, a 1994 Toyota Camry, beige leather, wood trims, V6, A/C, 17in wheels, basically fully loaded but no sunroof.

Thank you very much for you help! I will definitely shop around for the best deal! :D

Happy to help Darren. :)

How many Km's on your Camry? Also, you have a PM. :)

Happy to help Darren. :)

How many Km's on your Camry? Also, you have a PM. :)

It has approx. 160,000 - 180,000 km.

The front bumper paint is starting flaking off in some areas.

My dealer said he could get me $1,000 - $1,500CDN for it.

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the forum, in need of some help. I'm looking to purchase an ES 350, with Premium Package, all-season mats and cargo liner.

I'm in Ottawa. There are only two dealers here. One is Bel-Air Lexus. The other is Tony Graham. There may be one in Gatineau. The guy from Bel-Air has offered me $49,618, all inclusive (car, gas tax, a/c tax, freight/PDI, PST, and GST). The retail price of all this off the Lexus.ca website would be $51,750. So, this is only $2,132 off. The $500 rebate would be assigned to the dealer, so they are really only losing $1632. The guy from Tony Graham has refused to discuss pricing by email unless I come in and talk to him. However, he says he will match whatever price I come up with from some one else (of course).

I've contacted a broker in Montreal to see about getting in a car from the U.S. Although the retail price looks a lot lower U.S., once you factor in all the standard features they put into the Canadian models, the exchange rate (which is starting to creep up again), and the broker's fee (he wants $2000), the 6.1% not-made-in-North-America tax (or whatever you call it), it looks like I will only net $2000 off the retail list price and whatever "deal" he can get.

I've read on the Toyota site that when you buy from the U.S. they will honor the warranty, however, you lose a few things, such as road-side assistance (unless you break down in the U.S.).

The Tony Graham dealer basically said that if I buy from another dealer, his dealer will treat me like a second-class citizen. I won't have access to their loaner cars and will be at the end of the line for service.

I'm fed up with the arrogance! I just want a good deal. I'll travel to Montreal or Toronto to get that deal if I have to.

If somebody has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks.

Bubba,

He is wrong to say that his dealer will treat you like a second class citizen if you buy the car from another dealer & have it serviced there (as a matter of fact, if he's put that in writting you might want to phone the dealer principal to let him/her know about this.....that is unacceptable!)

I have an excellent dealer contact here in London Ontario (about 1.5 hours from Toronto). If your interested, I can put you in touch with him. B) They might even deliver the vehicle directly to you. ;)

Lexusfreak,

"Second class citizen" are my words. What he said was that I wouldn't have access to their loaners. I hope they would at least stick me on one of their shuttles! He also said that they have a motto, "Our customers are first", which means that if they have a part or job that needed to be done that if there are two clients, they will service "their" client first.

It might be interesting to hear what is available in London but I guess it will take longer that way. You would think the deals coming out of T.O. and MTL would be better, being bigger, with higher volume. I contacted, through the Web, the dealer in Laval (North of MTL) but his offer was worse than the local one from Bel-Air!

It's getting late in the day so the $500 March incentive will go away in a few hours. Hopefully next month it will still be there but it could disappear.

Bubba,

Your lucky that Ottawa even had a $500 cash rebate, Toronto hasn't have one sine like January I think.

I think it is Ontario and possibly Canadian wide. Go to the following link:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/ho...xus_Cash_Credit

Of course, the dealer would probably not tell you about it and just assign it to himself.