Does The Gs Series Have A Dual Heater Core?

sorry you'll my car is starting to have numerous "small" problems and I'm so anally retentive I'm fixing most of them! ok here's how it goes.........from time to time the air on the passenger side of my car will blow cold even when i have the temp set to 85 in the dual setting or if i take it off and set it to 85 sometimes it will still run cool but then some days both sides will blow hot air! I'm assuming my gs430 has a dual heater core especially if u can set the climate to different temps......ok so do all gs's have a dual heater core? if so can i use the gs300's or gs400's on my 430 without any problems or do i have to get a 430? i also have a a/c vent actuator starting to go bad so when i have the air on my face it makes a whining and clicking noise before it finally shuts the leg vents (only last for 20 secs or so most of the time and only happens when i start the car and it's set to the face mode). i know these aren't related but if there is a heater core on the passenger side i might just replace the bad actuator while I'm down there! any1 know how many actuators are under the dash on the passenger side? (if you didn't know Lexus didn't use a cable on this series to change the airflow from the feet to the face etc etc they used a electrical actuator). as summer is upon us the heater core isn't something i need to worry about but would like to have it done before next winter!

thanks

brian

sorry you'll my car is starting to have numerous "small" problems and I'm so anally retentive I'm fixing most of them! ok here's how it goes.........from time to time the air on the passenger side of my car will blow cold even when i have the temp set to 85 in the dual setting or if i take it off and set it to 85 sometimes it will still run cool but then some days both sides will blow hot air! I'm assuming my gs430 has a dual heater core especially if u can set the climate to different temps......ok so do all gs's have a dual heater core? if so can i use the gs300's or gs400's on my 430 without any problems or do i have to get a 430? i also have a a/c vent actuator starting to go bad so when i have the air on my face it makes a whining and clicking noise before it finally shuts the leg vents (only last for 20 secs or so most of the time and only happens when i start the car and it's set to the face mode). i know these aren't related but if there is a heater core on the passenger side i might just replace the bad actuator while I'm down there! any1 know how many actuators are under the dash on the passenger side? (if you didn't know Lexus didn't use a cable on this series to change the airflow from the feet to the face etc etc they used a electrical actuator). as summer is upon us the heater core isn't something i need to worry about but would like to have it done before next winter!

thanks

brian

Only one heater core. There are electronic servos that control what cable used to in older cars. Relatively common for one to go bad.

crap.........so if i have only one heater core y is sometimes my air on the right side cold even though its set to hot? yeah i got one starting to bad!

I'd say maybe something wrong with a blend door or the servo controlling it. The heater core is always going to get hot because coolant from the engine is passing through it. The heater core doesn't get cool if you lower the temp.

ok so since the weather can't decide in Memphis if its gonna be cold or hot from day to day i might get this fixed NOW! do i just need to replace the blend door or the actuator? how do i know which one to change? seriously someone can you help?

• 7 months later...
ok so since the weather can't decide in Memphis if its gonna be cold or hot from day to day i might get this fixed NOW! do i just need to replace the blend door or the actuator? how do i know which one to change? seriously someone can you help?

I've had the same issue. I have an 01 gs 430...took it to two different dealers and they told me that this not abnormal and it is what it is. I fully agree with everyone here on the board, that there is a problem. If they are not going to help us fix the issue then it is just someone who is going to have to do process of elimination. I'd start with the easy and cheap. I've had the dash board out of the car and believe me, it is not fun. What I found is the the blend door does not close fully leaving it partially open the mixture is off. The question is that who is giving it bad information? One of the three sensors, is the head unit of the heater out of calibration>?

Erik

I've had the same issue. I have an 01 gs 430...took it to two different dealers and they told me that this not abnormal and it is what it is. I fully agree with everyone here on the board, that there is a problem. If they are not going to help us fix the issue then it is just someone who is going to have to do process of elimination. I'd start with the easy and cheap. I've had the dash board out of the car and believe me, it is not fun. What I found is the the blend door does not close fully leaving it partially open the mixture is off. The question is that who is giving it bad information? One of the three sensors, is the head unit of the heater out of calibration>?

Erik

no...........try replacing your servo motors......i have checked old posts and will be doing mine AGAIN shortly (i replaced them with used ones being cheap and they werent ne good either) so i got mine pegged down to servo motors. oh n fyi u dont need dash out just glovebox unless its drivers servo motor and u can get away with JUST pulling dash down. i will be doing a write up with pics on this shortly.....but like MOST gs's mine turned out to be a servo motor problem which is what your is if the blend door isnt fully closing