Remote Starter

Does anyone have one of these on their 08 IS 250?Ihad one on my last 3 cars & I am concerned that with the keyless start on this vehicle,which I love,I will not be able to use one.I hope not.

Lexus doesn't install remote starts but Toyota does on the Camry with push button start.

Doesn't make sense.

The toyota one sucks though- the engine cuts outs when you open the door and then you have to restart the car.

But yeah, no lexus remote start (in the US market anyway)- there's probably aftermarket solutions, but they'll likely require you leave a key fob in the car all the time, which is perhaps not the best idea.

The toyota one sucks though- the engine cuts outs when you open the door and then you have to restart the car.

But yeah, no lexus remote start (in the US market anyway)- there's probably aftermarket solutions, but they'll likely require you leave a key fob in the car all the time, which is perhaps not the best idea.

Yeah but that's a Toyota safety policy.

Our '06 RAV4 does the same thing with the keyed ignition.

So no-one has one in the IS?That surprises me.I'm talking about aftermarket starters as well.

This is issue has been discussed in this forum before. A friend of mine in Alberta, Canada who owns an IS told me that Lexus Canada offers one that costs CAD1,500.0. He himself did not install it. He says Lexus dealership says it took them 6 month to work this remote starter because of the car security system.

I don't think you'd like to go to Alberta to have one installed in your IS.

So no-one has one in the IS?That surprises me.I'm talking about aftermarket starters as well.

This is issue has been discussed in this forum before. A friend of mine in Alberta, Canada who owns an IS told me that Lexus Canada offers one that costs CAD1,500.0. He himself did not install it. He says Lexus dealership says it took them 6 month to work this remote starter because of the car security system.

I don't think you'd like to go to Alberta to have one installed in your IS.

No I wouldn't even though Alberta is right next door to us in Sask.It is starting to look hopeless as far as a remote starter goes.

What about this?

http://www.lexus-parts.com/parts_detail.as...90066&all=Y

I noticed that it was "discontinued."

A remote start is certainly nice to have. I had a CompuStar on my 2000 CR-V manual. However, I do find that my IS climate control is pretty good, couple that with the heated seats. :)

God I wish they'd take that page down.

That's the japanese part. Nobody has ever gotten it to work on a US 2IS. They don't even sell the part (hence the discontinued bit)