Es 350 General Maintenance

canaleu

Just purchased a new ES 350 Was shocked to see the engine cover--much like the LS. Does anyone have experience changing oil on a new ES350. Do you have to remove the engine cover?

I've changed the oil twice on a 2008 ES 350. It requires ramps to do it comfortably, and the new type of oil filter can be messy to change, but there are excellent photos elsewhere on this site showing how to handle the filter. After consulting with two Lexus service people (to ensure that there would be no heating problems or other air-flow problems), I removed the engine covers. They may look nice, but I'd rather see an oil leak etc. rather than have it hidden under a cover.

Do you need a special tool to pull the oil filter? If so, can you buy it at the dealer. I bought a filter a few months ago, read the instructions and took the car straight to the dealer.

You can order the proper oil filter tool from your Lexus parts dealer, but I've seen some aftermarket tools that'll also do the job, and much cheaper.

Do you need a special tool to pull the oil filter? If so, can you buy it at the dealer. I bought a filter a few months ago, read the instructions and took the car straight to the dealer.

You can order the proper oil filter tool from your Lexus parts dealer, but I've seen some aftermarket tools that'll also do the job, and much cheaper.

Cool.. Thanks. I am due to an oil change soon. THe light came on today as a matter of fact. I might tackle it.