Superchargers/turbos

stepp62

I've never heard of a supercharger for the 300, but I know there's a few for the 400. Turbo kits for the 300 would be F-Max and Toyomoto.. Other than that, buying a manifold from either of those companies and venturing out alone into the cold hard world of turbo system building. That's always a good way to go. Both kits are pretty pricey, but are complete. You could probably save about $700-1,000 buying everything seperately, but that might not be the thing for you to do, depends on your knowledge of Turbocharging, and installation/building.

I saw the tubular header on their web-site. I assume it has been released or is available. I have an old dinosaur log manifold and the turbo is internally gated. :lol: I am interested in picking up a tubular header in the future but that will be a little while. She still pulls real good - I suppose once I'm tired with the current set-up I'll go on. I want to pick up a GS300 to put this set-up on actually. I never was able to get a hold of Toyomoto on the phone. They did call me back once, but of course, I wasn't available.

I want to pick up a GS300 to put this set-up on actually.

GS3-T would be nice. Yeah, it's rediculous trying to get a hold of Lance, I was ready to transport my whip over to him, but gave up even after Jeff Hackman prodded him to follow up with me.

shinryuhoshi:

If you're willing to wait, I'm planning to open a shop in Maryland within the next 3 months. I'll have our Admins post a newsletter about it once, we're operational.

Turbo kits for the 300 would be F-Max and Toyomoto.. Other than that, buying a manifold from either of those companies and venturing out alone into the cold hard world of turbo system building. That's always a good way to go. Both kits are pretty pricey, but are complete.

f-max is a good one for na-t.

After doing some research on the Fmax, I've found that it's an antry-level setup lacking in the fuel-management department.

If looking for anything over 300 rwhp, most fuel-management components from the Fmax kit have to be replaced.

In this case, Sadistic is right about getting the manifold and then going out on your own to find the right parts.

In the long run it will be cheaper and will yield better results (if you want to spend some time reading that is).

SPORT is right, the F-Max kit is just an entry level kit. I personally feel that it doesn't offer much for improvement without replacing major components to the kit. So make sure before you purchase a turbo kit, you have a plan on how much HP you want to make. Cranking boost can help tweak hp, but it's an extremely unsafe way to gain hp over turbo kits, if you don't know what you're doing.

So would the cost to horsepower ratio justify getting a manifold for the 1jz gte soarer? Im not sure that im going to be staying in Okinawa much longer and i plan on keeping the engine and most of the parts. I guess the end HP depends on what kind of car i put the engine into when i get back. Probably 5-600 in the end. But what kind of HP can be seen from the aftermarket manifold??