Can't Sort "my Places" In Nav System

Has anyone noticed that there's no way to sort through your saved addresses in the navigation? I've had the car for about six months now but I didn't take notice until recently because when you have a short list of saved locations, you don't really need to sort the list.

Now imagine you have 50+ locations saved. You can't hit a letter and have the list begin to display locations that begin with that letter. You have to scroll down page by page, entry by entry until you find what you're looking for.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone noticed that there's no way to sort through your saved addresses in the navigation? I've had the car for about six months now but I didn't take notice until recently because when you have a short list of saved locations, you don't really need to sort the list.

Now imagine you have 50+ locations saved. You can't hit a letter and have the list begin to display locations that begin with that letter. You have to scroll down page by page, entry by entry until you find what you're looking for.

I just got a new 09 rx and find the nav system extremely confusing. The CD with the car didn't really explain how to store and retrieve address, among other basics. I'd used Garmin before and found it very easy. Do you have any information to help? I didn't see replies to your email topic.

Capguy

• 1 month later...

I just got a new 09 rx and find the nav system extremely confusing. The CD with the car didn't really explain how to store and retrieve address, among other basics. I'd used Garmin before and found it very easy. Do you have any information to help? I didn't see replies to your email topic.

Capguy

I'm not at all impressed with the nav system on my 07 RX. I live in a somewhat rural area in B.C. The highway is the secondary east west highway in B.C. The highway was changed with a new 5 mile section in approx. 1964. The old road is now used for local traffic but my nav still shows this section as the main highway. It shows the old bridge as still the main bridge even though it was replaced and removed at the same time the new highway was built. I don't even know where they would have come accross a highway map this old. Good thing I know where I'm going or I would end up in the river.

Capguy

I have the same opinion of the Nav in our '07 RX. We have two Garmins and I'd much rather use them than the onboard system (wife loves the rearview camera, though). We recently assked the dealer about an update and were told we should wait as there is a new update coming out that will be a major improvement (but of course it will about $250). I don't know what's in the update but I seriously doubt that it will be worth that price.

• 2 weeks later...

Capguy

I have the same opinion of the Nav in our '07 RX. We have two Garmins and I'd much rather use them than the onboard system (wife loves the rearview camera, though). We recently assked the dealer about an update and were told we should wait as there is a new update coming out that will be a major improvement (but of course it will about $250). I don't know what's in the update but I seriously doubt that it will be worth that price.

See my "Pursuit of Perfection" gripes above. And I'll add another one, I also like the "rear-view camera", however, when I'm trying to maneuver to connect a trailer to the trailer hitch, it would be very handy to have an "over-ride" so I can leave the camera on when I shift into Drive as I maneuver. Also, I agree the GPS Nav system is way more difficult to use than it needs to be. Garmin is sooooo user friendly, and the Lexus Nav System requires I keep referrng to the Manual--which isn't all that easy to understand either.