Auto Door Lock Problem

hi i'm new to this forum and i must compliment the contributions that i've read so far. i have a 98/99 gs300. the problem i'm having is that the auto door lock function seems faulty. my doors lock at approx 20km/h. if for some reason i slow down below 20 like when going over speed bumps, as soon as i reach 20km/h again, the doors lock again. this happens all the time. does anyone know what could the potential solution to this be.

Don't know if you tt dcfish...it could be your C best settings. The door locks can be set to numerous configs, i.e. unlock all doors w/ one click or two w FOB, locks acutate when put in drive or a certain mph. They are set up on delivery when the car is new. You can have them changed at the stealer. Hope you get it worked out, it sounds annoying!

LOL! for the millionth time..........ACCORDING to 6 different dealers in 5 different states there is no such thing as c-best or c-bert! so unless they ganging up together and lying to me........im not saying u cant do them im saying no such service as the c-best/c-bert according to the dealers i called in nashville/memphis/dallas/new york/and florida (i have got relatives in all the states i called)! but try asking them about the lexus personalized settings that they say arent offered for that year! maybe u can go that way! i gotta go to them tomorrow and see if i can gets omething done about mine while i pick up a part! i'll let u know what i find out!

I don't know why you have had such bad luck with all those dealers. CBEST does exist. Maybe they don't have the tool, or maybe the 430's can be adjusted. I have had it done to my own car. The service tech new exactly what I was talking about when I called. I put the link information from lexus.com at the bottom. Its in the comfort and convenience section about 5 pp down. Hope this helps.

Kerry

mnagdee did you have you had any luck??

http://www.lexus.com/about/news/articles/2...20000901_8.html

interesting.........well finally some1 shows me in black and white there it is! i did FINALLY verify with the dealers that they can adjust these features for me but none of the dealers i talked to were familiar with cbest! thanks

brian

Hate to beat a dead horse but... I have a 1999 Gs 400 and went to the dealer to change some of my CBEST settings sch and was told that I could not get the doors to auto lock when putting the car in gear. Anyone with same year able to get this done?? They did set it so the doors auto unlock when putting in park but not to lock when sitting in car ready to take off.

I have a '99 gs300 and the dealer told me that the doors lock when u hit a certain speed, but unfortunately that option isnt available on my model...which seems odd to me becuz it was in the list of features and options on the cpu the service manager had, but for some reason wouldnt set to the on position...pretty lame...atleast it unlocks when i put the car in park lol....

well that sucks........sorry man

I had same story. The auto lock feature was on the list but didn't "take" when the tech did the other cbest setting I wanted. It won't auto lock at any speed. Anyonw with a 1998-1999 Gs that does auto lock??

• 8 months later...