I Wanna Turbo My First Gen Gs300

Ill start by saying hi...im new to the site. I would really like to put a small turbo on my gs300. I mainly want it for the sound and of course a little more performance. So i just need the basics. Im curious if anyone has any advice on what to get?? I wanna keep it cheap and reliable cuz this is my daily driver. I did my own sr20det swap on my last car so i do know how to do most of my own work. Im just not sure is if should rewire the whole car and put a different computer in it or if i can just upgrade my fuel and put a fmu in or something like that. I know how to do everything the best possible way but lets face it thats expensive. I want to keep it cheap. So im thinking small aftermarket turbo....some intercooler piping.....fuel pump....fmu.....possibly injectors....colder spark plugs.....custom downpipe with electronic cut-out(to keep factory look)......and some guages. So what do you think? or should i even try this on the stock motor?

• 2 weeks later...

There are no "cheap" reliable turbos. You get what you pay for. I would look at the SRT system, or the Turbonetics system. They also make the rev hard system, but the T-60 turbo they use in the regular system is a ball bearing, very fast spooling turbo. I ran it at 12 psi on a 2JZ and made over 400 rwhp. But don't forget, you can't just drop a turbo in your set up. You need to go to a 3'' exhaust to keep the back pressure from destroying you turbo, which is another grand, and the new AEM fic is the way to go hands down for fuel mgmt. and tuning. Your gonna spend $7500 or more. That's just the cost of doing business at the finish line.

• 3 months later...
Ill start by saying hi...im new to the site. I would really like to put a small turbo on my gs300. I mainly want it for the sound and of course a little more performance. So i just need the basics. Im curious if anyone has any advice on what to get?? I wanna keep it cheap and reliable cuz this is my daily driver. I did my own sr20det swap on my last car so i do know how to do most of my own work. Im just not sure is if should rewire the whole car and put a different computer in it or if i can just upgrade my fuel and put a fmu in or something like that. I know how to do everything the best possible way but lets face it thats expensive. I want to keep it cheap. So im thinking small aftermarket turbo....some intercooler piping.....fuel pump....fmu.....possibly injectors....colder spark plugs.....custom downpipe with electronic cut-out(to keep factory look)......and some guages. So what do you think? or should i even try this on the stock motor?

There are many kits out there to choose from. You can also peice one together. If you don't want to spend much money, peice a kit together. Spend good money on the turbo. Buying a cheap turbo is one of the dumbest things you can do. Cheap ebay turbos will last a few months and that s just running 7-8 psi. You can find good quality turbo, but not for less than 600-1000 dollars just for the turbo. Good luck.