Install 400h Gps Update

Where can I download the v7.1 update for my 06-400h Lexus?

Thanks

Damon

I downloaded a copy of the v7.1 update for my 2006 400h gps. I burned it on a double layer DVD but I now don't have any idea what to do with the disk. Where do I install it in the car?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I just dropped off the RX for the steering recall and was given an ES350 with navigation. Based upon its total confusion when trying to get me to an alternate highway, I am reluctant to upgrade the NAV software in our RX.

The other thing I think is a bit unsettling is that I have to pay for the gas I use in the loaner car. We are asked to bring the vehicle in to be "fixed" and yet we have to pay for gas to get to work. When I take the (out of warranty) Corvette in, I am driven to work and picked up later. I don't spend a dime on fuel, other than to drive my car to the dealership and back.

I think the customer should be allowed a stated mileage and then anything beyond that mileage requires a per-mile fee, which would essentially cover fuel costs.

Are you really THAT cheap? How many pennies can it possibly cost? Unbelievable. D-Bag. I always thought you were intelligent, I was obviously wrong.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just don't get it. You would have put gas in your car anyways, why would you expect to have free gas in the loaner?

It won't cost you anything to get your vehicle repaired under the recall...its gas you would have normally used in your own vehicle...

If my car weren't recalled, I wouldn't have to drive the 45 miles back and forth to the dealership. But that's not the only gas I had to use; the gas in the loaner represents another 45 miles, so the total number of gallons of gas consumed because Lexus had to fix their mistake amounts to almost 4 gallons or about $10. Of course, since I wanted to have the brake fluid flushed, I had to bring the RX there anyway, so the expenditure to get back and forth to work was only $5.00, but still.........

If I recall correctly, the Lexus dealer fills your fuel tank to FULL after any recall work.

This is true! Blew me away. I just had my 2008 400h recalled for a hybrid power system module replacement and not only was that done but the vehicle was washed and detailed and the fuel tank topped off! Dang, had I known that I would have run her dry before the recall. :^)

I was also treated to a nice 2013 450h as a loaner. Very nice vehicle. Not enough to make me want to jump out of my 08 but some nice features. Overall:

- 2013 was quieter, especially the engine under moderate to heave acceleration.

- The Nav system is MUCH bettter. Voice regocnition actually seems to work now. Real time trafic alerts are nice. Helped me avoid a jam.

- Rear view mirror warning lights for close vehicles in potental blind spots is very nice.

- Key FOB system is better

- Gas milage seemed about the same (but I only drove it about 40 miles.

So, there are a lot of technology features that have been introduced in the last few years.

But I still ove my 08 (and it IS a bit faster).

/Steve

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I found an update for my 2007 rx 400h on ebay. It's up to number 36! Will this work, as I have not updated my system at all. 

Also, it is $209. Is it worth it, if I am used to using my phone for GPS?

I updated our RX's disc once in 15+ years. Most of the time it knows the address but occasionally we use our phones if we're going to a new neighborhood. How often would you think you'd really need it? If not very, save your money.