Oil Maint Reqd: Help! Followed The Directions But Cant Get Rid Of

I've done my due diligence and searched for the solution to this. Unfortunately, either those that are posted don't work for my car, or I'm a moron and doing something obviously incorrect. (And I looked in the owner's manual, and followed the same directions listed there).

I have a 2007 GS450h that I recently took to a Jiffy Lube (I know, I know...) for an oil change. The wizards there, obviously, couldn't figure out how to clear the OIL MAINT REQD message.

Here's what I've done:

Using the DISP button on my steering wheel, I rotated through the display options: Average MPG, current MPG bar graph, Range, Average Speed, Hybrid mode, and the "blank" screen (which is never blank but shows the OIL MAINT REQD message). Assuming the latter screen is where I'm supposed to be, I then:

Started the car in the ACC mode (two pushes of the start button with the foot off the break while holding down the Reset button (in the drop-down panel) for many, many seconds. Nothing.

Did the same for the ODO button. Nothing. Then tried it by holding down both the Reset and the ODO. Still nothing.

Can someone figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

I've done my due diligence and searched for the solution to this. Unfortunately, either those that are posted don't work for my car, or I'm a moron and doing something obviously incorrect. (And I looked in the owner's manual, and followed the same directions listed there).

I have a 2007 GS450h that I recently took to a Jiffy Lube (I know, I know...) for an oil change. The wizards there, obviously, couldn't figure out how to clear the OIL MAINT REQD message.

Here's what I've done:

Using the DISP button on my steering wheel, I rotated through the display options: Average MPG, current MPG bar graph, Range, Average Speed, Hybrid mode, and the "blank" screen (which is never blank but shows the OIL MAINT REQD message). Assuming the latter screen is where I'm supposed to be, I then:

Started the car in the ACC mode (two pushes of the start button with the foot off the break while holding down the Reset button (in the drop-down panel) for many, many seconds. Nothing.

Did the same for the ODO button. Nothing. Then tried it by holding down both the Reset and the ODO. Still nothing.

Can someone figure out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

I forgot the sequence since it's been a while that I did this, but I called the Dealer and the Service Dept. walked me through the reset.

Give them a call.

• 1 month later...

to reset the oil mileage sign you have to press the start button once with out turning the engine on and then hold the reset button and press the start button a second time witthout turning the engine on while still holding reset, release the reset button once the check is complete and it says oil mileage reset.