Factory Brakes Question

Car has 25K, with the original factory brakes. how many miles have you all gotten on the brakes. They started to squeek yesterday - I know there is a TSB for both dust and squeeking - but at 25K I would think I am beyond getting that for free. Also do you think they are squeeking because it is so darn cold in the northeast yesterday - or is it wear? If I do need to replace - what should I replace them with?

Car has 25K, with the original factory brakes. how many miles have you all gotten on the brakes. They started to squeek yesterday - I know there is a TSB for both dust and squeeking - but at 25K I would think I am beyond getting that for free. Also do you think they are squeeking because it is so darn cold in the northeast yesterday - or is it wear? If I do need to replace - what should I replace them with?

The brake TSIB is valid throughtout the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty period. Just take it in and complain about the brake dust and squeeking. If they don't offer to replace the pads under warranty, tell them you saw a message on the internet about a brake technical service bulleting from Lexus and ask them if they can look. If they still say they won't do it, ask them to call Lexus. And if that doesn't work, YOU call Lexus and complain about the brake dust and squeeking!

The brake TSIB is valid throughtout the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty period. Just take it in and complain about the brake dust and squeeking. If they don't offer to replace the pads under warranty, tell them you saw a message on the internet about a brake technical service bulleting from Lexus and ask them if they can look. If they still say they won't do it, ask them to call Lexus. And if that doesn't work, YOU call Lexus and complain about the brake dust and squeeking!

Thanks I did what you said... no problem at all. I was surprised that you have until 49,999 miles. Mostly seen people on the boards talk about replacing around 15K to get the wear out of them, so I thought that was the unofficial cutoff. thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I did what you said... no problem at all. I was surprised that you have until 49,999 miles. Mostly seen people on the boards talk about replacing around 15K to get the wear out of them, so I thought that was the unofficial cutoff. thanks again.

Hey question, what dealership did you have it done at. I live in palm desert ca and I tried to have it done and they said my breaks were to far worn to replace them. I just turned 26k, and this was about 3-4 months ago that they denied...