Too Much Tire Noise

Maybe its b/c i went back to a gs from an LS. Does anyone else have 17"goodwrench traction t/a's? I thought it was my wheels bearings so i replaced both in front. I'm STILL hearing a roaring noise...They seem to perform terrific but this noise is irritating! Am i alone? I'd love to here from anyone who has these tires and hear their opinion. FYI- They sound fine on this LS430 but that's kinda apples and oranges. Thanks, and Happy early easter everyone:)

Maybe its b/c i went back to a gs from an LS. Does anyone else have 17"goodwrench traction t/a's? I thought it was my wheels bearings so i replaced both in front. I'm STILL hearing a roaring noise...They seem to perform terrific but this noise is irritating! Am i alone? I'd love to here from anyone who has these tires and hear their opinion. FYI- They sound fine on this LS430 but that's kinda apples and oranges. Thanks, and Happy early easter everyone:)

I have the traction TA and yes they are noisy. I had the mich pilot and I thought they where just as noisy.

It is called having a low profile wider tire.. you going to get noise.

BP

I have the traction TA and yes they are noisy. I had the mich pilot and I thought they where just as noisy.

It is called having a low profile wider tire.. you going to get noise.

BP

That's what i needed to hear. I was about to return these tires and get the michelin pilots. You probably saved me a few dollar$. If you lived in Louisville i'd buy you a beer, Thanks! :cheers::cheers:

so whats a good tire to get to keep noise down but still have good performance/wear & tear on?

I use Continental ContiExtreme Contact Size: 225/55VR16

(Ultra High Performance All-Season) Serv. Desc: 94V

I own a 2002 gs 300 sports design and i like these tires cost $85 at tirerack.com or you can look around for them

If you are looking for a quiet tire that still has performance and will wear well, the Toyo Versado LX's (245/45-18) that I put on my LS last spring are great tires. I just took off my 'winter' set of tires/rims & put these back on & wow, I really like these tires!

Yesterday, I was at a parking garage downtown & having to roll the window down to take the parking ticket, I couldn't even hear the tread noise as I was driving around in the garage looking for a parking space. No squiek or squeel - total silence. They are just as quiet out on the highway doing 70 mph.

For your size, 225/55-16, they have a 'V' speed rating, and a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty.

well i didnt know that toyo no longer makes the toyo proxi 2's and they are on the 4's now! the link u provided is no good though! i will look into them...think im set on the yokohoma advans for the moment but something in my mind tells me they wear VERY quickly!

well i didnt know that toyo no longer makes the toyo proxi 2's and they are on the 4's now! the link u provided is no good though! i will look into them...think im set on the yokohoma advans for the moment but something in my mind tells me they wear VERY quickly!

i have good year eagle f1s on stock 16 inch wheels on my 99 gs 300 and i also thought my bearings were bad so i went ahead and replaced them just to find out that thre is still alot of road noise again,,,, any good tires for 16 inch and 18 inch wheels you all would recommend

thanx

kenny