Shop Manual Information

1Ponkte

With reference to an earlier posting under topic "Repair Manual," dated Sept 14, here's the info on a good source for factory shop repair manuals:

books4cars.com (That's their business logo as well as web site)

4850 37th Ave. So.

Seattle, WA. 98118

Phone: (toll free) 1-888-380-9277, (Seattle area) (206)721-3077

Prices are:

Volume 1 (Mechanical): $89.95

Volume 2 (Chassis): $89.95

Electrical Repair Supplement: $39.95

Supplement for Manual Transmission: $37.95

Shipping is extra. Washington State residents get gigged for sales tax.

They do not have a publication for Lexus that lists parts numbers at this time.

These guys are top drawer. They ship fast and will let you know at the time you order if they have all books. They deal strickly in automotive publications and have an inventory of about four thousand books. I spoke with one of them before I left for work today (Dec. 3) and he said that they had a pretty good supply of Lexus material. Give them a call and good luck.

I hope I'm not in the wrong posting this here, but www.alldatadiy.com offers great alternatives to purchasing shop manuals. For 14.95 a month per vehicle, you pretty much get that for a year online. They offer book times, part numbers, and diagrams. I've been using them for about 5 years, and watched their library grow considerably. Sometimes they don't have all the info you would want, on the more obscure vehicles, or parts, but if you're going to be performing work that they might not have, chances are you don't need a manual.

I hope I'm not in the wrong posting this here, but www.alldatadiy.com offers great alternatives to purchasing shop manuals. For 14.95 a month per vehicle, you pretty much get that for a year online. They offer book times, part numbers, and diagrams. I've been using them for about 5 years, and watched their library grow considerably. Sometimes they don't have all the info you would want, on the more obscure vehicles, or parts, but if you're going to be performing work that they might not have, chances are you don't need a manual.

No, that's cool. Any info that helps our readers with what they want is good.

Sorry, I've been sick with flu. I probably should have mentioned that the manuals I purchased were for a 1992 SC300. They probably vary with regard to year. For example, I also purchased a manual for a 1993 Ford Taurus SHO. It was $94.00 for a used one.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a manual on a cd from e-bay for a 1998 SC300/400. It was about 1500 pages. It cost about 15 bucks delivered. It is hard to find stuff as Lexus uses abreviated file names for the .pdf files. You almost have to scan through the whole disk. I spent a few hours joining a lot of the ,pdf files into one file. My other problem was it did not give much information as to the actual repair sequence. It gave good pictures but in most cases it just remove this or that but I tried it I could not find any way to remove it. Does anybody know if the shop printed manuals are in more details.

Yeah, that's why i didn't buy the CDs. I won't be able to help you with the program, but if it's a .pdf file, you should be able to print it from Adobe. Sorry I couldn't help.

• 2 weeks later...
I just picked up used copies of volumes 1 & 2 on ebay for $75. There is a regular seller of NOS sets for $120.

glenmore

1991 MBZ 300CE

1990 Lexus LS400

So, you paid $75 for both or just each?

• 3 months later...

I believe they sell the books. I haven't searched their Website lately, so I really don't know.

You should call them up and ask them if they have the books in stock, but I'd check out Ebay first.

• 4 weeks later...
I ordered a manual on a cd from e-bay for a 1998 SC300/400. It was about 1500 pages. It cost about 15 bucks delivered. It is hard to find stuff as Lexus uses abreviated file names for the .pdf files. You almost have to scan through the whole disk. I spent a few hours joining a lot of the ,pdf files into one file. My other problem was it did not give much information as to the actual repair sequence. It gave good pictures but in most cases it just remove this or that but I tried it I could not find any way to remove it. Does anybody know if the shop printed manuals are in more details.

Would you advise against purchasing any of the cd's being sold on E-bay? Not a good investment?

• 4 weeks later...

If you're interested to getting information for your car, then paying Alldatadiy.com is a good investment. You're not a shop, so looking up information on other vehicles isn't worth your time.

• 1 month later...

Seattle_usa Writes:

"i can get Alldata from public library for my 93 Lexus LS400 regarding

EGR Pipe but I could not find any instruction or steps for how to

replace EGR pipe. Is this"Alldata" same as alldatadiy.com ?"

Seattle_USA:

Please visit the Visitors and New Members Forum for information on how to use this forum.

The answer to your question is yes. It's actually a publication, but AlldataDIY.com is an active database.

• 6 months later...

This is the toyota site for technical info. All of this info is stored in PDF form. I used to work at Alldata, and this is where they get it. $10 for 1 days access, $50 for a month. I dl'ed my whole manual set in 1 hour. They also have other docs available, like sales pre-info. All Toyota products BTW, Check it out...

https://techinfo.toyota.com/

• 4 weeks later...
This is the toyota site for technical info. All of this info is stored in PDF form. I used to work at Alldata, and this is where they get it. $10 for 1 days access, $50 for a month. I dl'ed my whole manual set in 1 hour. They also have other docs available, like sales pre-info. All Toyota products BTW,  Check it out...

does it include service manual? how to replace oil or fuel filters for example?

how to reset ECU after changing oil? etc.

thanks.

This is the toyota site for technical info. All of this info is stored in PDF form. I used to work at Alldata, and this is where they get it. $10 for 1 days access, $50 for a month. I dl'ed my whole manual set in 1 hour. They also have other docs available, like sales pre-info. All Toyota products BTW,  Check it out...

does it include service manual? how to replace oil or fuel filters for example?

how to reset ECU after changing oil? etc.

thanks.

Why would you need to reset the ECU when you change the oil and oil filter?

Richie the internet parts manager(parts@belllexus.com) e-mailed me this.

The price for the service manual for a 1993 SC300 is $104.99 plus shipping.That is for the two volumes,which covers the SC top to bottom.

He also quoted me a price of 22.98 each for lower control arm bushings,front and rears,from a 97SC that work in 92-96SC's

Richie the internet parts manager(parts@belllexus.com) e-mailed me this.

The price for the service manual for a 1993 SC300 is $104.99 plus shipping.That is for the two volumes,which covers the SC top to bottom.

He also quoted me a price of 22.98 each for lower control arm bushings,front and rears,from a 97SC that work in 92-96SC's

That's pretty cheap.

Interesting, you mentioned the parts manager had to lower control arm bushings kit for $23; could you verify what the contents in the kit?