The Es 250...?

Hello to every one. I am 17 and I have just purchased a Lexus ES 250. I thought that this would be the one site where I could come and people would still remember that the car exists, and be able to talk to other owners about it. Seems that even the owners club forgot... Maybe someone could point me in the right direction for a forum I might have missed on here?

On anther note, I was wondering what the best products/techniques would be to clean the engine and hub caps.

Thanks for reading!... and replies I hope. :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome man! Fellow 17 yr. old here (we are a rare breed, 17 yr. olds w/Lexuses aren't we?!?) B) . Wow, the ES250; don't see too many of those around. I don't think too many people around here have those, but I could be wrong. I'd suggest this stuff called Engine Brite; it's a degreaser and it comes in a white aerosol can with an orange lid. It works miracles if you let it sit for a while on whatever you spray it on, but beware; it smells AWFUL, and it'll take the clearcoat off your engine and wheels if the paint is damaged, so be careful of how long you let it set on there. Also, I don't know that I'd put too much on the engine b/c it'll smell like it for a while thereafter, but it's awesome for wheels. Also, I've been impressed with many of those spray on wheel cleaners, but they're not much use against hardcore old brake dust. Man, those wheels on the ES250 and the 90-92 LS400's are IMPOSSIBLE to clean, such tiny holes and so many of 'em! One of my friends had an LS and we detailed it once..ugh. The wheels had to be the hardest part of that cleanup. Anyhow, good luck man, and we hope to hear more from ya in the future! Give some specs on your car too (year, mileage, color, A/T or M/T, etc.) Later ;)

Glad to hear there are other young people out there with Lexuses. I am 19 and I just bought my '97 ES300 in July for my 19th Bday. Welcome to the club!!

-Chad

PS... interestingly enough as I am writing this, there is a commercial on for the Lexus SUV line (which they call Luxury Utility Vehicles) with "Let it Snow" in the background. Anyway, just thought it was ironic! :D

Fellow 17 yr. old here (we are a rare breed, 17 yr. olds w/Lexuses aren't we?!?)  B)

We are very rare and proud young Lexus owners B) :D ....or probably more like operators and detailers since we are financially challenged teens :lol:. I think there are about 4-5(16-18y/o's) of us now! Welcome, and enjoy your Lexus!

I saw that Lex commercial too; it was good! However, I liked the ES one better where they say they taught the ES everything they know about making excellent cars.

:cheers:

Congrats man. I'm 19 with an '95 ES. My parents have a '90 ES250. What color is yours? Their's is black, with about 135k or so on it. Lex3486, you are right about the wheels. They are awful to clean. Yes, we young Lexus owners are a rarity. It just shows we have good taste! B) :lol: Have you seen the Lexus "December to Remember" commercials. I love it how the people react when they see their new cars. They just smile. If it was me, I'd be like "Holy :censored: , I got a :censored: Lexus as a Christmas gift!!!" :cheers:

yes.

i would imagine there would be only a few of us around here.

out of all the cars i've had before, lexus is one of the good cars

My last car was a 92 300zx Twinturbo. i had larger intercoolers, 1 piece driveshaft, intake, full exhaust, 550cc injector, boost controller. It was a very quick/fast car. That car is so fun to drive..you can feel the G at the every sharp turn and every acceleration was like playing an extreme sports. Oh..it hugs the road when weather is nice..and from time to time..when you want to play in the rain...440RWHP would tear your rear rubbers like nothing else.

tragically..this car got ran over three weeks ago by a 4X4 explorer...driven by a redneck with no insurance.

even after this supercar...i am surprised that i like lexus. It's a very well built car with minimal problems. (although i hate the location of the oil filter and how it drips all over your garage)

I actually dont have my car at this moment. My mom and i were supposed to pick it up from the shop on tuesday, but we don't know where that is. The guy that sold the car to us dropped his cell in the water and its service it out and untill he calls back we will not be able to go get it. Untill then ill just be watching for other people who know about the 250 and ill post the stats when i get it. :cheers:

Haha Wubbman; that's exactly how I'd react lol. Anyhow, sux about not gettin your car yet! Do you know what's bein done to it right now and if the people doin it know much about Toyota/Lexus? They're really picky cars ya know...not just any GM mechanic would know all they need to to work on em... <_<

Back with the info.

To the guy who was talking about GM mechanics working on the car. The things I was having fixed are only asthetic. The guy I bought the car from is a mechanic and checked the car out and there are no mechanical problems as of right now. He also said he would cover me for any problems that show up...to back up his words. big + for me :)

Here are some stats i found online for the car. I changed the cloth seat line to leather because thats what it has. And I'm not sure about the whole keyless entry thing. I'm going to a Lexus dealer sometime soon to find out if it actually had one in the first place and how much it would cost to get that replaced since I didnt recieve one with my set of keys.

Lexus ES-250 Options:

5-Speed Transmission/ 4-Speed Automatic

Driver Side Airbag Restraint

Air Conditioning

Alarm System

Aluminum/Alloy Wheels

AM/FM/Cassette Audio System

Antilock Brakes

Bucket Seats

Cruise Control

Digital Clock

Power Heated Mirrors

Intermittent Wipers

Lighted Entry System

Power Antenna

Power Brakes

Power Door Locks

Power Steering

Power Windows

Rear Window Defroster

Remote Trunk Release

Tachometer

Tinted Glass

Leather Seats

Premium Audio System

2.5L V6 DOHC 24V FI Engine

15 Inch Wheels

Performance:

· Base Number of Cylinders: 6

· Base Engine Size: 2.5 liters

· Base Engine Type: V6

· Horsepower: 156 hp

· Max Horsepower: 5600 rpm

· Torque: 160 ft-lbs.

· Max Torque: 4400 rpm

· Drive Type: FWD

· Turning Circle: 36.1 ft.

Fuel Data:· Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.9 gal.

· EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Hwy)

Manual: 19 mpg / 26 mpg

Automatic: 19 mpg / 25 mpg

· Range in Miles: (City/Hwy)

Automatic: 302.1 mi. / 397.5 mi.

Manual: 302.1 mi. / 413.4 mi. (City/Hwy)

I have the automatic tranny, and the car has only 92,000 miles on it. I also bought a cd in-dash for the car because there is no way I would be able to go and buy tapes of all the music I listen to now :chairshot:

Thanks for the support!

all you young people that own lexus while being a teenage is missing out part of the life revolution...

I am glad that my parents weren't rich...and I started with a poor GM made...(of course, back then, there is no lexus yet...only toyota...) And, when you own a GM car....and you can't pay someone to work on your car...you are forced to be mechanically inclined.

I hate how people always assume that my lexus is my mommy's car or something like that. I've worked since I was 15 and I paid $6000 cash for my 92 ES last spring, all my money. BTW I'm 20, almost 21, and a junior at college. I work part time now to pay car insurance and my other bills. I get no help from my parents except for tuition and house bills/rent. I pay half my tuition as well.

And I had a 96 Corsica throughout HS. It was my parents third car that they let me drive. What a POS compared to my ES :)

LOL. I love telling people that I'm the one that paid for it! My parents do help out with insurance, but only because they don't have to pay for anything else (my soul belongs to the Army ;) ). I've got you beat on previous cars though. All through high school and my freshman year at college (sophmore now) I drove a '91 Geo Metro. It had 3 cylinders and one of them didn't fire half the time, so there was this really annoying shaking effect during acceleration. I'm so glad to be rid of it. :D

this lexus is my 6th car.

and i am only 21

worked since 13 years old.

I've had following.

90 taurus w/ 215000 miles on it auto

94 civic auto

92 accord auto

95 accord 5 speed

94 3.2 acura legend 6 speed

92 300zx twinturbo 5 speed

95 lexus es300

lexus is nice car..but there's nothing like a good sports car.. i've dated tons of girls who liked my 300zx.

peace.

19 ... almost 20 here....

Yesh.... bought the car in march

.... my Bday gift to myself...

and it Ownz .......

Latoillete, thats allota cars man ...

i had a taurus.. unitll a deer stepped on it

i hadda buick Century S that was a well built car... then got sick of it

This Es is my first car, and I am by no means rich. I just choose wisely and spend well. I bought the car for 2,500 and 150 to replace the seats. It was a steal i couldnt pass up. Of course having hook ups doesnt hurt....but that will come later on when i want the paint redone, and some different rims.

I also had a cd player installed in it today and that cost another 129....40 dollars off, but 40 again for the 4 year warranty.

So all in all my work this summer paid off and saving all that money came to a nice ending with the car being the holy grail at the finish line. I have to get a new job soon though because i can only pay off the insurance until febuary.

Yeah I read the owners manual today at school and it said it was an option on the car. But I'm not that dumb as to not notice that there is a CD plaer already there. Which its not.

The only thing I don't like about the one I got installed is how when the car is in park you have to manipulate the CD to get it in because of the mile wide shifter.

Latoilette, I noticed an Acura Legend was on that list of your past cars. Did you like it? Both me, my brother and my best friend all like these but don't know if they're good cars. Was it sportier/faster than the ES? Was it a Type 2 6 speed? Last but not least was it a coupe or sedan? Sorry for all the questions lol, but I've just been lookin for someone who's had one of these for a while now. B)

Cui,

I don't think I've missed out on life's revolution at all. I just chose to buy a car that was nice. There was no way I was going to buy another American-made car because I had nothing but problems with my last one.

My first car was a 95 Grand Prix when I was 16.

Then I went to a 98 Grand Prix GTP when I turned 17. Ended up putting over $5,000 into it in 1-2 years (transmission, alternator 2 times, battery 2 times, power steering pump, oil pan gaskets, oil pan, and other things). What a piece of crap.

And now I'm 19 and the proud owner of a 97 Lexus ES300. Although it is older than my last car, it is BY FAR much better!

I hate when people assume that it is my parents' car. :angry: I am paying for it myself. The insurance, repairs, gas, everything. It doesn't matter how much money my parents have. All that matters is that I am paying for it.

I could only wish that everyone had a Lexus when they were in their teens. They are great cars, reliable, nice, and the ES is really quiet, which I love.

To all you other young people out there, it's great to be part of the younger group that is breaking the stereotype that poor college students only buy crap cars. Just because you don't have a lot of money doesn't mean you can't get a Lex. Just buy an older one.

I may not make $200,000 a year, but I spend the money I make wisely. :)