Some Tahoe Rolled Over My Baby! Help!

Wes-Lexus

Sunday afternoon a wonderful young man (i am being sarcastic) rolled over my 94 LS 400 which had 220,000 beauitiful miles. We were going for 400,000 before retirement to hawaii.

Now I have to go get another Lexus and I know all the faults of the 90-94 from the forums but I am tempted by the 95-01 models. I think they end in 01.

Sooooo you guys got any suggestions. I do not want to spend more than 20k but frankly if i found an 94 with records i think i would jump on it. Am i crazy for

wanting to go to the newer models and do they have the same problems and pleasures as the 90-94.

I am truly perplexed and saddenned my baby was totaled out but I am ready to move on.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Wes

Pictures.....................

I think that the LS430 is a step above the model you mentioned.. And if you can afford one, you may want to check it out....

pictures are at the office and will get them out. what year did the 430 start? since i was driving my 400 i have done no research on the newer models and possible issues.

they look damn nice though.

Looked at this one 2002 LS 430

For 20k, you can get quite a lot of car! I think you could pull a LS430 for that. They started in 2001, but from what I've heard "and remember, it's a lexus so all negative comments are relative", there were a few electrical issues with that first production run of the 430. For the money, I'd pick up a well documented 2000 LS400. That was the last year for the style and engine, so they had 10 years to tweak it and make fixes. Typically, the last model year run of a car is usually the best, and the first model year run is the worst. With the 2000 LS400, you would most likely have plently left over for the timing belt change and a nest egg set aside for any other repairs that might crop up, like a suspension bushing here or there.

I'd go with a 98-00. you get the VVT-i, 5 speed tranny. They are quicker than the 3rd gen, better gas mileage. . . .and I think they look a lot classier than the first years of the 3rd gen.

I will look into those. They offered the 2002 LS 430 for 18,500. It has new yokohoma tires and all service done even the timing belt and water pump.

I think i have found my new ride. 18.5 is hard to beat and it rides so sweet.

Service has all been documented. some rich dude just decided he wanted a ls460. I look forward to being that guy one day.

Service has all been documented. some rich dude just decided he wanted a ls460. I look forward to being that guy one day.

Me too man...me too!

Actually the first year LS430 has minimal issues; a steering column groan and trunk striker being misaligned come to mind. The dealer service dept can tell you if they apply to your car.

You want real nightmares ask anybody about a first year ('00) S500. Stay away; stay far away.

:)