Guide Pin Replacement

I desparately need to replace my guide pins on all of my calipers....but I have never replace them before. I just replaced my discs and pads, but I didn't have the guide pin parts or the knowledge of how to replace them. But now it is time. Anyone know were I can get the parts and care to walk me through it?

I desparately need to replace my guide pins on all of my calipers....but I have never replace them before. I just replaced my discs and pads, but I didn't have the guide pin parts or the knowledge of how to replace them. But now it is time. Anyone know were I can get the parts and care to walk me through it?

sorry for my ignorance.. what is a guide pin? How do you know you need to replace them?

Can you take a pic?

BP

The rear non-floating calipers have no guide pins. The brake pads are held in by an easily removable pin, which rarely needs replacing. If the front calipers pins are frozen in place, which I suspect is the case, I would recommend exchanging the entire calipers with rebuilt ones. Carquest, NAPA, etc. carry them at reasonable prices.

If you change the calipers you will need to add brake fluid and bleed them. If you're not comfortable mechanically, I would recommend any reputable shop. It's not difficult but needs to be done correctly for safety.