Strange Noises From Engine While Off

AHJGTA

Hello

I have a 1996 LS400 with 188000 km.

Today I parked the car at work and turned it and heard a humming sound. Lasted about 3 seconds but frequenct. leaves a 2 second interval and then hooom.

I though it sounds like a servo. Maybe the ventilator stuf trying to open or close. So I waited a few minutes. Still going. I did not want to leave it like that as it might drain the battery.

So I disconnect the negative terminal. Noise still there. Disconnect the positive terminal. Still have noise.

The battery is fully disconnected and that noise is still there. Or was when I left it. Half the way up I thought to try changing the parking spot. (This was a prime spot and I thought I was lucky to get it) but would have been late for work.

Any help will be appreciiated. Thanks

i got the same noise, its not radiator tho:) still not sure what it is, sounds like the car is farting:) i have this for few years now and did not cause any trouble so far.

it might the vacuum system.

!Removed!!! :D

Hey Mr. Mechanic. My car's farting, you have some antacid ? Or how about some anti-flatulent???

It wasn't me it was the car. Honest. Must be from all that ethanol we 're force feeding it!

More like a burp though as it is coming from near the intake.

The noise stoppped. Another one of these mysteries

i got the same noise, its not radiator tho:) still not sure what it is, sounds like the car is farting:) i have this for few years now and did not cause any trouble so far.

it might the vacuum system.