Ls430 '05 Keep Having To Reset Tire Pressure

restor

On an '05 LS430 - does anyone know why it is necessary to keep resetting the tire pressure (the button under the driver's steering wheel)?

It seems like when I go over a bump the tire pressure light comes on. Resetting it works for aboug 20 miles and then it comes on again.

The tire pressure on all wheels is the same. It doesn't matter whether I set them all to 33psi, 40psi or anything in between.

'05s do not have TPMS. I have 17s on the car, the vehicle came with 18s.

Thanks!

If you say the 05 doesn't have TPMS....how is it possible to reset the tire pressure monitoring? :huh:

But that aside, do you have slow leaks in your tires? Does it also monitor the spare as well?

On an '05 LS430 - does anyone know why it is necessary to keep resetting the tire pressure (the button under the driver's steering wheel)?

It seems like when I go over a bump the tire pressure light comes on. Resetting it works for aboug 20 miles and then it comes on again.

The tire pressure on all wheels is the same. It doesn't matter whether I set them all to 33psi, 40psi or anything in between.

Thanks!

Make sure when you reset the monitor you "initialize" it as described in the Owner's Manual and don't just reset the monitor. I had a similar problem and after reading the Owner's Manual carefully and following the instructions to reinitialize the monitor the problem has not come back.

If you say the 05 doesn't have TPMS....how is it possible to reset the tire pressure monitoring? :huh:

But that aside, do you have slow leaks in your tires? Does it also monitor the spare as well?

Sorry - I wasn't clear, I meant that the '05 doesn't have TMPS sensors in the wheels.

Thanks!

Make sure when you reset the monitor you "initialize" it as described in the Owner's Manual and don't just reset the monitor. I had a similar problem and after reading the Owner's Manual carefully and following the instructions to reinitialize the monitor the problem has not come back.

I believe I did what it says which is to push the button under the driver's side dash until the word "initializing" comes up on the display. It works and resets the display, but the notification subsequently comes on between 5 and 50 miles later.

The tires behave like any other tires - they are the originals and do not leak. The car only has 28k miles on it. The problem only started after the dealer performed the 30k mile service.

If you have any other suggestions they are appreciated.

The owner's manual says push the button for 3 seconds and the "initializing" message will come up on the dashboard. The message never comes up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The owner's manual says push the button for 3 seconds and the "initializing" message will come up on the dashboard. The message never comes up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't want to sound like a smart alek but make sure you are pressing the right button. There are two buttons under there and it is hard to see which one to push to reinitialize the tire pressure monitor. The other button cancels the "smart key" functions if your var has the smart key option. I just reinstalled my summer tires yesterday and the "tire pressure low" light came on after about 15 miles. Had to reinitialize it to get it to go off. I think you have to have the engine off, ignition switched on to do the reinitialization procedure, I don't think it will reinitialize if the engine is running. Also make sure the tires all have the exact same pressure, for my 2004 that is 32 psi cold.

Good luck-

Had this trbl on my 04. My first trip to the dealer resulted in reinitializing the system. The 2nd trip resulted in the tech lowering the monitor sensitivity while i waited for a replacement sensor. The 3rd trip was a sensor replacement followed by 7 months of no alarm. My 4th occurrence resulted in my manually resetting the alarm according to the owner's manual which worked until I accrued 30 additional miles, then alarm came back on. I gave up on a fix and traded it in for my 08LS.

Good Luck on your fix.

John