traction control problem

I recently purchased a 99 gs400 in mint condition. I had my mechanic check it and was also going to bring it to the nearest lexus dealer. The traction seemed to be working fine. One day, after it had rained I accelarated a bit hard and the traction engaged as it should have, but when I came to a complete stop, released the brake pedal and gently pressed the accelarator the traction went on and I was barely pressing the gas. I could actually here the noise coming from the engne bay as lexus says I should hear. This happened a few times over and over again so I shut the car off for about half an hour. There were no service lights that went on exept the traction light that went after afew blinks. When I restarted it, the roads were still wet, the problem was not there until I once again pushed the car and activated the traction, as the wheels were actually spinning. Then the car would do the same thng when I would come to a full stop. Eventually it stops doing it but only for a little while. I'm a newbei and would appreciate any help or just a few comments on what you pros think.

First off congrats on your new purchase.

When you say "recently" how recent?? Also who did you buy your car from a Dealership?? My suggestion to you would be take it in to Lexus Service, and explain to them whats going on... And see what they say...

One more thing, where in NY are you from??

I purchased the gs from a dealer, but not a lexus dealer at the beginning of january. I'm in douglaston, queens. After I posted I decided to go to a lexus dealer and found out that I still have a few months left on the bumper to bumper warranty, since the gs was purchased on 9/3/99. I was told that it was probably just a faulty sensor. I hope that every component of the traction is covered by lexus because repairs could get expensive. How long have you owned your gs? any major problems or basically regular maintenance?

I bought mine new in the begining of last summer... Since then I had only one problem but that was caused by me.. You see I have a set of Tein "Flex" Coilovers with 20" rims and one day I was I95 in the Bronx and I hit 2 bumps going around 90mph and I fucted up my tranny soliniod.. I hit the bump so hard it caused a short and my E-Shift wouldn't work and tranny didn't want to shift into 5th.. So I replaced the tranny under warranty and now everything is great.. No more problems..

As for you, you better find out all the what all the bugs are in your GS fast before the warranty runs out... Goodluck and let me knows what happens when you return from Lexus Service.. Goodluck bro...

your gs sounds hot..I still have a lot to do (rims, springs, shocks trd products,etc..). I'll get back to you after I bring the car to lexus. I heard they have great service and they honor their warranties. Thanks for the advice.