Navigation Dvd Map Will Copies Work?

Yup. Burn it slowly and onto quality media.

If you want to upgrade to the latest dvd (7.1) if you don't have it already, let me know. Send me a pm or email to discquestions AT gmail DOT com

Thanks, I will try it and see. I was thinking to stay with 5.1 so the over ride feature (allows changes while the car is moving) that I have read about would work if I ever wanted to use it. The fact that the over ride would have to be repeated each time the car is started, makes this less interesting though.

With 5.1, I have not noticed many POI missing in Los Angeles, so I wonder what improvements 7.1 might provide?

With 5.1, I have not noticed many POI missing in Los Angeles, so I wonder what improvements 7.1 might provide?

So the 5.1 map data was collected about 3 years ago, and in a busy metropolitan place like LA, there are bound to have been MANY changes that are included with the new 7.1 disc. The 7.1 will have the latest roads and POI's available.

That is the correct generation disc for you car. Sounds like a bad copy. Contact the original seller and demand your refund. Sorry to hear. Hope it works out!

I have a 2005 LS430 how do I find out what generation disc my car require?

Thanks,

Ghost

I have a 2005 LS430 how do I find out what generation disc my car require?

Thanks,

Ghost

You have a generation 4 navigation unit.

contact me if you're interested in one. pm me or email at:

discquestions AT gmail DOT com

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up buying a non-oem from someone here and it does not work, I keep getting "disk read error". It is supposedly the 7.1 gen 2/3 and my car is a 2002 SC430. Is it just me or a bum copy?

even a factory 7.1 probably wont work. the lasers are all getting weak on the gen 2 computers that are in your 2002 sc430. so when you went to a double the data 7.1 over original version 1 disc your laser couldnt handle it. the problem is once you put in the 7.1 you cant go back to the solid blue orignal disc you had in there.

eventually in the next few months the unit problaly wouldnt have even read the original disc so its not like the disc caused the problem just hurrying it along. no one has been able to fix the gen 2 computer problem except original manuufacturer denso which costs 1500.00 for an out of warranty repair. i know which part needs replaced but no one in usa sells it. best solution is buying a gen 3 computer and you wont have the problem with getting another gen 2 computer. but any computer you find be sure to get a warranty from the seller that it will work with your 7.1 disc. i have a 3rd genration computer i would be willing to try your 7.1 copy in. i am sure it would work in that the 3rd gen computer which has a stonger laser and works twice as fast as the second gen. it also has many advanced features over the 2nd gen like split screen . email me at pioneersuby@woh.rr.com for more info.

I've got a copy of gen 2/3 version 7.1 that I need to get rid of. It will not work my car due to the early build date of the nav(2001). rnasah at comcast dot net.

I'm very interested in purchasing the dvd. how much?

916 792-6701

Please call me : ask for Bobby

how do i find what gen nav i have, i have a 02 sc430 but i think it was updated as it has blutooth capabilities and voice recognition any help would be appreciated. If i try the 7.1 would it effect my system.

thanks