$140 For 2003 Es300 Timing Belt Change At Toyota?

Hello Folks ..................

I am NOT an Lexus expert but as per the following site (look at the following guide published by Gates, a manufacturer of timing belts. They include the replacement interval and whether you engine is an interference engine or not) and you can check/verify yourself, Lexus ES 300 2002 engine is NOT an Interference engine.

http://www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm?location_id=3598

To verify your vehicle, go to "Interference Engine Issues" and select/click "Find Out Now" here - http://www.gates.com/brochure.cfm?brochure...rchGatesPopular

Thanks a LOT.

Vic

They should still however let you know if you need any other things replaced as well.

You mean "They will let you know that you need many other things replaced as well." Dealership service writers get paid commission. They will try to convince or scare you into fixng anything that they can to pad the service bill. I'm sure that $140 would be the belt only and I'd bet that they would want to charge full labor to include in the water pump even though it should only add about 1 hour to the job max.

I wouldn't listen to the advice above in reference to pushing the change interval on the timing belt. You should be fine to the 90K recommended change interval, but don't push it to far beyond that. Your 2003 has an interference type engine so if the belt does break, expect to get your top end rebuilt for a significant amount of money.