Gs350 Rain Sensor

We live in Portland, Oregon, and get a lot of rain (mainly drizzle). I have noticed the rain sensor system on my new GS350 does not work well when it is drizzling. I find that I frequently have to manually activate the wiper blades to keep the windshield clear, even with the rain sensor sensitivity set to hi. It seems to me that Lexus could have included a coarse rain sensor sensitivity setting in one of the setup menus or perhaps a manual override that enables manual intermittent operation.

Does anyone else have a problem with Lexus rain sensor?

One would think something a fundamental as a windshield wiper subsystem would function perfectly on a $50,000 automobile. I never had this problem in my 2004 BMW M5 or my 2006 Jeep (which has a manual override). I will see what I can get out of Lexus. Maybe they will offer a software upgrade if I bug them enough. I will follow up if/when I get some results.

Same issue here, but I'm not complaining. Lexus should have designed the wipers to be varibly intermittent with the option of going automatic if one so chooses. Just like the headlights or the HVAC, we can manually turn them on/off, adjust or just go automatic.

I think Lexus does have a way to disable the auto wiper and have the adjustment work as a intermittent wiper, I remember someone else had this done at their dealer. Of course a auto and a intermittent notch would be ideal.

I have been irritated with this same issue as well since I got the vehicle. The obvious solution from Lexus' standpoint is to have the sensing function in addition to the intermittent function that is standard, not in place of it. No fix to my knowlege.