Changing Fog Light Bulbs On Lx470

QuietStorm_GS

Has anyone changed the fog lights on the LX470? How difficult was that?

Additionally anyone change to a yellow bulb? If so, what did you swtich to and how do you like them?

Since I moved to Austin we have had some heavy fog and yellow fog lights would have helped out considerably.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

Welcome to Austin! I have a dark gray LX in south austin.

Did you get any headway on this issue? I'd like to replace my fog lamps as well.

I've replaced some easy (running, lic plate, etc) bulbs with LED, but looking to change all the bulbs in the rear with LED

dp

Has anyone changed the fog lights on the LX470? How difficult was that?

Additionally anyone change to a yellow bulb? If so, what did you swtich to and how do you like them?

Since I moved to Austin we have had some heavy fog and yellow fog lights would have helped out considerably.

Thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

If you are asking about changing the bulbs, it's very simple, although you have to slide under the front bumper.

The procedure is the same as changing the head light bulb.

1. Rotate the plastic cover anti-clockwise and pull out.(It only rotates about half a turn)

2. Unhook the bulb from the lamp, pull out the wire that's connected to the lamp only.

3. Replace the bulb, then connect the wire, put the hook back in place and finally put the Plastic cover back and rotate it back on.

I wanted to replace my regular bulb with HIDs (25 SMDs, White LEDs). I actually bought the bulbs, they fit perfectly but do not turn on, no matter what I do. I don't know if the bulbs are bad, but I purchased a pair and tried both the bulbs.

Any suggestions?

Hi LexiKon, LED globes are polarity sensitive - that is, they work one way only - if they don't work, just rotate them in the sockett (so the current flows the other way) and they should work!

On a similar note and related to my earlier post - who can help me change (to LED) my Back-up/Reverse globes?? I know how to remove the card cover on the rear tail-gate and then to un-screw the two pannels to get to the tail-lights but the ones I want to change are either side of my number plate and for the life of me I can't get my hands into the gap to undo the globes - surely there is a 'trick' (like the side tail lights and front indicator lights to remove)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Tevi,

I get this far too and then remove the covers for access to the tail lights on the tail gate.

The problem then is, how do I change the back-up/reverse globes in the housings either side of the license plate?

I can get my hand into the rear of the reverse light reflector but there does not seem to be a snap-out light sockett connector...

That's why I suggested there might be some 'trick' to changing the globe - not sure.... :-(

Here is the panel for the lightIMG_20110118_152726.jpg?t=1295797297