Cheapest Place To Find Parts For 90k Maintenance

ok im fixing to do my 90k maintenance on my car and im wondering if anyone knows best place to get the parts and what all is required? i know i need to do timing belt (doing water pump while im at it), idler pulleys, tensioner, checking rear differential, checking ball joints, changing spark plugs, cam seals..........i have already done my air filter/cabin air filter/brakes(rotors/pads/fluid)/coolant/transmission fluid! anything else major i need to do?

also ne1 know best place to buy these parts? doesnt have to be oem units but if i can get them cheaply i will!

thanks brian

Sewell Lexus has good prices for OEM parts. They sell on ebay frequently and are sponsors of Lexus forums.

They have a website: www.lexus-parts.com

Club Lexus global 15% discount code – through 4/01/2008 – Promo Code “ClubLexus”

yeah i used them to buy my upgrade nav disc and am ordering my replacement keys from them just figured they would be really high on factory parts! i will try them though thanks

brian

well good old ebay i found a kit with the water pump/timing belt/idler pulleys (both left and right)/the tensioners/and the gaskets for 184.96 shipped! not bad........this knocked out 428.00 in parts i was gonna buy! here check out the link it looks ok and not some ghetto product!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-07-Lexus...emZ260204697240

what other things do i need to check/do for my 90k maintenance?

it doesn't seem to be to many people active on this forum that offer any advice when you actually want some and not just a opinion u know? i need some help here and outta how many members we have im sure not getting all the help i need/want! dcfish,2whitelexus,GuyTelefunken,any1 ...........where u at? im looking for some of you older fellows to guide me here.........WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO MAKE SURE I COVER IN THE 90K MAINTENANCE THAT I DIDN'T COVER IN THE 1ST POST?

it doesn't seem to be to many people active on this forum that offer any advice when you actually want some and not just a opinion u know? i need some help here and outta how many members we have im sure not getting all the help i need/want! dcfish,2whitelexus,GuyTelefunken,any1 ...........where u at? im looking for some of you older fellows to guide me here.........WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO MAKE SURE I COVER IN THE 90K MAINTENANCE THAT I DIDN'T COVER IN THE 1ST POST?

Chill with the SHOUTING -- it's a holiday weekend for most of us. You'll get your answer if you are patient.

yeah i posted this thread ALMOST a week ago.........tomorrow it wil be a week! i was trying to get the car done this weekend or early this week thats y im being impatient!

Hey Brian, ya it looks like theres only a few people on this website. I'm sure theres millions and millions of gs owners out there. I was wondering how can we get more people to get joined up. Theres a few things we can do. Ok so this is a free forum so meaning no one hesitates joining, so only if we can get people to know about it. The guys who started this needs to do a couple of things.

1st: they need to update and take off all the crappy topics that dont belong in here, because answers will be more easily found when none supportive topics arent clogging them up. topic such as "traded my gs for an evo" what the f is that man....we're happy and dont give a *BLEEP* so go get the local newspaper, roll it up and shove it up your a s s.

2nd: administration team has a datebase of all signed up users. Everyone who hasnt been on for more than 2 weeks need to be emailed to remind them about the site, a message saying something like we miss you at club lexus or something similar.

3rd: once enough users sign up, we can all have local meetings, lexus car clubs, hang outs and so forth. what this will do is get more people to see and create interest in the GS (since pretty much no other lexus model is worth it). so we have all these side lookers who see how cool it is to have a lexus, people start wanting one. so what happens is local demand goes up, when demand goes up, vehicle value appreciates = more $$$$ for us.

4th: once we have enough traffic through the website. Owners of the site can make money $$$$$$. u see those advertisments they have above "ads by google"? every time someone clicks on it, google pays club lexus somewhere between 5-10 cents per click. So if we have enough people, we'll have desent clicks, which means money to support the growth of club lexus.

5th: those ads up there need to be more "cool" and supportive. half the stuff ive seen is a waste and no one clicks on it. So once u have enough traffic on the sites we can actually call up these companies such as JET TECHNOLOGIES and have them advertise with us. $$$

6th: i got tired and cant think of any more.

7th: oh i know, once the club has grown and meetings take place we can charge a small fee for subscription like 5 bucks a month or something....this will make them feel special. they will make people appreciate and would tend to use it more so they wont feel like their 5 bucks goes in the water.

i think u should open a topic about this, see what others have to say.....its a good idea.

other than that Brian, i dont know anything about getting those parts. all 3 of my cars never went through anything major like that. instead i just took it to the local shop when something didnt work right. ive never taken the cars to have them checked out just for the hell of it. same thing with most people going to the dentist, no one goes until a tooth hurts. so ive never had all those things replaced at once therefore i cant help out buddy. i can recommend you not buying items from ebay unless they're factory. nothing like that should be purchased aftermarket. I bought a simple thing such as rotors from ebay, a simple piece of metal but they were really bad. so you should shop around, these cars will last forever, im sure u can still wait on them.

sigh, i know Alex it seems to be the same 10 people answering any topic when someone DOES answer! i tru to use this webiste as a tool to help me but hard to get anywhere when no1 answers and when they do its making fun of some1's driving or yada yada yada!

i dont normally take my car in until it needs something either but im not gonna skip the 90k maintenance.

i would actually love to start that topic but im sure one of the moderators would IMMEDIATELY shut it down!

Here is what you will need:

Tools Needed:

Breaker bar or impact wrench

Socket wrenches

Socket extensions

Angled socket joints

Torque wrench capable of reading at least 181 ft-lb

Sockets 8-22mm + 8mm hex socket

Harmonic balancer pulley remover (this can usually be rented from Autozone or buy one)

Parts Needed:

Timing belt ~$52

Water pump ~$155

No.1 idler pulley ~$98

No.2 idler pulley ~$62

Timing belt tensioner ~$40

Accy. belt

Optional Parts to Replace:

Spark plugs

Spark plug wires

Thermostat

Distributors

Rotors

Drive belt

Air filter

Now find the parts online(shop around) and get the job done.:cheers:

ty dcfish, i think that's all the info i needed! kinda just needed a confirmation on everything! whats the difference in the timing belt and the drive belt? (i know the diff in the timing belt and the acc belt but not the other)

ty dcfish, i think that's all the info i needed! kinda just needed a confirmation on everything! whats the difference in the timing belt and the drive belt? (i know the diff in the timing belt and the acc belt but not the other)

Accy. belt/ drive belt = same thing ;)

:whistles: yeah i knew that lol........haha thanks! oh do i need to replace my cam seals while i do this? or is it not worth the time?

Personally, I would do any and all work that can be done while you are in there. ;)

yeah alex when u finally get a answer from some1 who knows what u need it def is! ty dc, man i hate my dealership. they wont give part #'s out and when i told them i had a part # and a cheaper price from sewell they decided to match it (sewell gives us wholesale cost) so they wouldnt lose the business!

yeah alex when u finally get a answer from some1 who knows what u need it def is! ty dc, man i hate my dealership. they wont give part #'s out and when i told them i had a part # and a cheaper price from sewell they decided to match it (sewell gives us wholesale cost) so they wouldnt lose the business!

Your welcome :cheers: