Tranny Help!

etl45

I have a 2003 ES300. The tranny started to shift a little rough. So i went to toyota and bought some ATF Type T-IV. Part #00279-000T4. I heard this is the Lexus OEM fluid. Correct? Did a simple drain and fill. Used about 3 and half quarts. Warmed the car up.. shifted threw the gears slowly and went for a drive. Little improvment? not much.

Next step was, i heard that lexus had an update software for the tranny. so i got that done. after they said it might drive a little rough because it is learning my driving style.

After the update and fluid change, i have drove about 300miles? It seems okay, but when going up a hill it seems to shift VERY rough!

Did i do something wrong here? what can i do? my car has about 76,000miles on it!

Do i just need to drive it more? Also didnt drive it for long periods of time after the service. maybe 10miles intervals. just back and forth from work.

help please~~~~

thanks in advance!

I have a 2003 ES300. The tranny started to shift a little rough. So i went to toyota and bought some ATF Type T-IV. Part #00279-000T4. I heard this is the Lexus OEM fluid. Correct? Did a simple drain and fill. Used about 3 and half quarts. Warmed the car up.. shifted threw the gears slowly and went for a drive. Little improvment? not much.

Next step was, i heard that lexus had an update software for the tranny. so i got that done. after they said it might drive a little rough because it is learning my driving style.

After the update and fluid change, i have drove about 300miles? It seems okay, but when going up a hill it seems to shift VERY rough!

Did i do something wrong here? what can i do? my car has about 76,000miles on it!

Do i just need to drive it more? Also didnt drive it for long periods of time after the service. maybe 10miles intervals. just back and forth from work.

help please~~~~

thanks in advance!

Drive it on the highway and city trtaffic for at least 120 miles. It takes at least that long for the ecu to learn.